Minneapolis GTG

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Hey all,

I live at 4225 James Avenue North Mplsi MN text call 3202671807 chrisidzerda@gmail.com

I am thinking July 1st.

Women are welcome. You don't have to hang out in the garage but my woman will take care of you.

BY0B get as drunk as you want. We have a guest room if you can't drive.

Grill will be going. Barbequed pork and buns + burgers and brats. Y'all can bring chips, cookies etc. Bring chairs as we have seating outside for 4 + swing for two.

I have a two car garage for people who want to work on their car.

I have VCDS-HEX CAN so I can scan anybodies car.

Maybe Nick or Jon Fettig will come and you can get work done on your car or a tune by Jon.

Last edited:

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Thanks Chris!

Subscribed

I will certainly plan on being there.

Thanks much!

93sc

TDI
06,17 Jetta
My TDI won't be running, but I'd love to show up and help someone out if I can. It would also be nice to put some faces to names.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Subscribed, but I have RSVP'd to a wedding invite on July 1st.

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
I might be able to come, maybe I can even drag the Mrs with me. I don't think we have anything planned yet.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes I was just thinking of poking everyone as it is next Saturday and I need to plan the meat portion and get a body count.

We can seat 9 with little effort but if you bring a folding chair or something that would work. Of course it is BYOB and I will have various non alcoholic drinks in the cooler.

So all that have looked at this would get back to me that would be great. I will put the solid attendees in the first post.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Regretfully, I must repeat my earlier posting that I will be out of town on the 1st and will be unable to attend. :(

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
Chris:

Thanks for keeping this going but unfortunately I'll be out of town.

Enjoy!

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
Count me in...

Probably won't do any work on my car, the 2015 has barely a thousand miles on it and the 2003 needs new exhaust and that's probably too much to take on in one day.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Probably won't do any work on my car, the 2015 has barely a thousand miles on it and the 2003 needs new exhaust and that's probably too much to take on in one day.
How much of your exhuast do you need? If it is CAT back that is pretty easy to do. I have a 308 exhaust cutting tool also.

If you are going from the turbo outlet all the way to the back, let's see if anyone volunteers. I have ramps and jackstands.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have a welder I can bring along pretty easily however not sure if you have a 220v 60A plug.
Nope no 220V 60A plug. But my tubing cutter is a wheeled cutter that you clamp onto the pipe and rock back and forth. The exhaust is 3 bolts at the turbo, a exhaust hanger in the front, a sliding clamp, then the back half to the rear hanger.

I do have 15 A Milwaukee Sawzall.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
This kit:

Complete Exhaust System (A4)
Bosal
OEM Part Number: 1J0253058G

If yes then it is pretty easy as both clamps are included. Those are the most likely to fail. The hardest part is the bolts at the turbo, which is not that hard with two people.

FraggyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta
This kit:

Complete Exhaust System (A4)
Bosal
OEM Part Number: 1J0253058G

If yes then it is pretty easy as both clamps are included. Those are the most likely to fail. The hardest part is the bolts at the turbo, which is not that hard with two people.
Two people, a map torch and some pb blaster.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I checked I only have two jack stands. Someone bring two more. As Fraggy said 2 people and MAP gas torch and PB blaster were there.. Yes bring it on we will get it done.

Oh noon start, BYOB, maybe bring a chair as we might not have enough seats. Barbequed pork, brats, coleslaw, chip......