VCDS @ TDIFest

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I'm going to be giving a basic and advanced VCDS tech demo at TDIFest this year.

I have some ideas of what I want to cover, including Auto Scan, Fault codes, Long Coding, and interface types.

Are there other topics people are interested in me speaking about? I'd love to share the bits I've learned!

-Jason

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Long coding demystified...sounds good to me!

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Maybe you could cover some basics on how to read and interpret measuring blocks....

refueler

TDI
2014 Jetta 6 MT
How are you with hex net interface I've been struggling to get Mine programed to get to the cloud.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
we could address how to get it to work with a Mac. VCDS doesn't support that, but with the correct programs, it works as it should. I'll have my laptop with me as well as my cable

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
It works fine on a MAC, in Bootcamp as I run it, or in a virtual machine application like Parallels. In either case you need to have a copy of Windows. I'll have mine there too.

we could address how to get it to work with a Mac. VCDS doesn't support that, but with the correct programs, it works as it should. I'll have my laptop with me as well as my cable

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I have owned several cables over the years and I still suck at it....I lwould love someone to change a few settings on my New Jetta
That can definitely be arranged! You could even volunteer your car for one of the VCDS tech sessions.

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2003 JSW TDI 5MT ,2012 Jetta TDI 6MT, 2013 jetta TDI 6MT
I will also have my VCDS handy should someone need to improve their hill climb speed :)

refueler

TDI
2014 Jetta 6 MT
I tried side loading the vcds mobile app on my kindle and I now have connected to the cloud thank you for your input. I found the digital gauges that I was talking about they are in the live data tab. Overall a good time and informative wekend.