will bring cooler of Ice and some soda or tea,

would like to set timing on 99.5

Thanks,

Jon

03PlatinumTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Diesel Free after 14 years
This is going to be a blast. I know I had a great time last year. I'm really looking forward to this.

Thanks again Dan for setting this up and showing us TDI folks so much hospitality.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I just remembered that I have a good set of LCAs on the top shelf gathering dust. Do these need to come with me so new bushings can be installed while other stuff is being done?

No biggie, I'll just bring your old LCAs home to gather dust on the shelf....:p

laundryeater

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '15 Golf SW
I'll try and make it there on Friday- that is if we don't have mandatory overtime at the plant! Any shot of getting my suspension installed too? I know it'll be time permitting.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
laundryeater said:
I'll try and make it there on Friday- that is if we don't have mandatory overtime at the plant! Any shot of getting my suspension installed too? I know it'll be time permitting.
I cannot really answer this. I will let you use the shop and tools, but I will have to do some last minute preps and running around, and cannot promise you any time. Besides, I am not proficient with suspension work.

TurbineWhine

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Platinum Grey
For those of you coming from I-40 West and looking for an alternative route, try looking at 25-70 as an alternative. My wife and mother-in-law just used that route today to go over to Pigeon Forge. They said it is very good road but does have a lot of curves to it.:D Talked to a guy on the plane coming back from Houston today and he said that is the route they use now to go from Charlotte to Knoxville. He said it only adds 15 minutes to the trip time as opposed to I-40.

Landon

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Just a reminder: If you want any items for next weekend please order by noon, Tuesday, 26 January. We'll ship that day direct to Dan so items will be there for the weekend. Thanks!

DuluthRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat GLS TDI
B100

I am bringing 10 gallons of biodiesel each to Paramedick and redjetj. I have some surplus since I am having to blend 50/50 this time of year. I can probably fit another 30 or 40 gallons in the car for the trip over. I will be there early Saturday for the Rocketchip line and to do my rear brakes. Anybody interested in either 5 or 10 gallons? $10 per five-gallon cubie.

It is delicious and good for what ails ya :D.

First come first served.

-Andy

bigEZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen; 2006 New Beetle
hey andy,

see you got your passat. glad to see it! see you at dan's next weekend

Dankcorey22

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 ALH & 83 1.6 TD CY
DuluthRooster said:
I am bringing 10 gallons of biodiesel each to Paramedick and redjetj. I have some surplus since I am having to blend 50/50 this time of year. I can probably fit another 30 or 40 gallons in the car for the trip over. I will be there early Saturday for the Rocketchip line and to do my rear brakes. Anybody interested in either 5 or 10 gallons? $10 per five-gallon cubie.

First come first served.

-Andy
I hope its not all gone when i get there, I want 5 gallons:D

D

dlm308rem

Bio Fuel

I will take 10 gallon.

Fred

DuluthRooster said:

First come first served.

-Andy

DuluthRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat GLS TDI
I have reserved B100 for the following:

Paramedick - 10 gallons
Redjetj - 10 gallons
Noplug - 10 gallons
Turbinewhine - 10 gallons
Dankcorey22 - 5 gallons
Dlm308rem - 10 gallons
ncroadwarrior - 5 gallons
elfnmagik - 5 gallons

Keep your requests coming. If I can find more clean cubie containers and room in the Passat, I will bring more.

Last edited:

laundryeater

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '15 Golf SW
noplug said:
Thanks Dan for adding us!
I may even try to install some sprint 520's!!
I appreciate the phone help!
Noplug:D
Is that broken down Ford Explorer in the background an intentional feature of your picture? :D

noplug

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
laundryeater said:
Is that broken down Ford Explorer in the background an intentional feature of your picture? :D
You bet!! I had a 1997 that a friend now drives and even though it had been good to me and to him (5.0 with AWD) there is a reason that like 5 of the top 10 vehicles traded in on the clunkerz program were explorers!!:eek: :D

noplug

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
Hey Dan!
I'm going to buy Laundryeater's 520 injectors and he's putting in 216's can you throw me on the list for an injector check, install, and vag-com scan to see if all is ok?
I can't wait!!! The anticipation is killing me!!

TurbineWhine

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Platinum Grey
If there is anyone coming to the GTG that has an ALH crankshaft and harmonic balancer for sale, I have a buyer for you. PM me if you do.

TW
Landon

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
Ok, gotta ask,
anyone spending friday night want to split the cost of a motel room?

not that the cost matters but with the friday night vagcom seminar , and an early saturday am start , just crashing for sleep is the main priority...

pm if you want to talk out details etc
tks
bill

abakos

Veteran Member
TDI
-----
ncroadwarrior said:
Ok, gotta ask,
anyone spending friday night want to split the cost of a motel room?

not that the cost matters but with the friday night vagcom seminar , and an early saturday am start , just crashing for sleep is the main priority...

pm if you want to talk out details etc
tks
bill
PM on the way-

laundryeater

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '15 Golf SW
It sounds like the lady is coming with me. If that turns out to be the case we'll come in on Saturday morning since I'll have a companion to ski with Friday evening!

Dankcorey22

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 ALH & 83 1.6 TD CY
laundryeater said:
It sounds like the lady is coming with me. If that turns out to be the case we'll come in on Saturday morning since I'll have a companion to ski with Friday evening!
Ive been wanting to go snowboarding! but i cant wait till next weekend its gonna be a blast:D RC5:eek: maybe scary

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
TurbineWhine said:
If there is anyone coming to the GTG that has an ALH crankshaft and harmonic balancer for sale, I have a buyer for you. PM me if you do.

TW
Landon
I do have the damaged shortblock I haven't torn down yet. Crank is probably fine, but I haven't looked at it. I was going to teardown and save the good parts, and throw the block away. Cylinder walls are pretty scored up.

I won't have time for teardown prior to GTG.

redjetj

TDI
2000 jetta 2004jetta wagon
Dan, I just picked up a 2004 jetta wagon, i have already spoke with Bruce and will talk to Landon, i am interested in having a couple you GURUS look at it. I may bring this instead. Could you put me on the list for Jeff to flash in a RC3?

mopower

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW
What is going to happen on the Friday VAG seminar? I need to learn how to better use that tool.

My Jetta is going to miss this event but I'll find a way to make it out there. I'd be happy to help anyone with what ever wrenching they need.

Dan, Let me know what I can pitch in in ways of food or soft/cold drinks.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
The VCDS seminar will cover how to use measuring blocks, AUTOSCAN, basic settings tests, Output tests.
Also how to make operating logs of measured parameters. Some basic suggestions on which measuring blocks are typically most useful.

I am hoping to get everyone up to the point of doing a routine checklist on a car the next day, so they can do their own car, then do other people's car.

I would hope to be able to do a checklist on every owner's car that requests it. This will require more than just a couple of people doing them.