Post your TDI sightings here!!

Gothmolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
vtyankee said:
I pulled into the Irving station at exit 8 on I91 in VT to get the N.Y. Times (there are no good newspapers in VT) and I saw a black 2005-2006 TDi as we drove past each other he gave me the thumbs up, which I returned! :cool:
If you bought the NYT then you MUST have been desparate.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
I saw a green(?) A3 Jetta TDI in rt 24 in Avon Saturday morning at about 8:30.

I hope he is not a member here because he was driving in light snow at 40mph, in the center lane, backing up traffic, while texting with both hands and steering with his wrists on the top of the steering wheel:eek:!

Last edited:

jmasciulli

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S DSG, 2004 VW Golf GLS TDI (sold 2014)
Two spotted at McGuire AFB today

I spotted two A4 TDIs today on McGuire Air Force Base. One was a black 4-door Golf with alloy wheels. The other was a dark blue Jetta.

4XTaco

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Touareg
Any Nuns on TDIclub? Spotted heading S on Rte 15 in MD in the Thurmont area... sharp looking blue Jetta wagon

daBooj

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, could only find silver
I was out in WV this last weekend, Morgantown. Saw at least 2 out there, a white B4? passat in the olive garden parking lot. And then a blue jetta blowing black smoke on a one way bridge on Old Cheat Rd (I think). Don't know if the second had plate frames, the passat didn't, I don't think.

I'm probably moving out there, so if anyone from the area reads this, may I ask you to drop me a line?

Oh, and I see ~6tdis on my way to or from work any given weekday. Rt. 70 is crawling with them. Course, it's just about the perfect road for them, so....

jmasciulli

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 Golf on NJ Turnpike

I was driving home when I was passed by a 2-door Indigo Blue A4 Golf TDI with beige interior. I got that good of a look, because he got off at my exit and I passed him going through the EZPass lane, while he was waiting to pay his toll. Then, I saw him again on a road near my house.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Yesterday, 11am, I-97N not far from Annapolis MD, was passed my a silver NB with MD license plate DZL BUG . Nice tag!

I was on my way up to Oliver Wegener to get my TB done on my recently acquired B4V.

midntdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6SP
On I-95S right before Tunnel and at toll booths saw a GBP Mk4 Jetta with a multicolored multi-religion sticker.

supton

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon GLS
I91N, yesterday, just before VT I think: Silver Jetta Wagen, VT plates, "BIOTDI" lettering (instead of just "TDI"). I woulda waved, but not only were you past me when I could read your trunk, I was busy driving the Civic anyhow. :(

hec

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS 5-speed Reflex Silver
Saw a silver Golf with a club license plate frame, and an Apple computer
sticker on rear window going south on Rt. 3 Crofton area about 10:00 AM
today. You've got a headlight out.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Blue A4 Jetta sedan headed west on rte. 62 in Clinton / Lancaster / Sterling, MA yesterday afternoon. No biggie, but it had what appeared to be a World Energy Biodiesel transparency sticker adhered to the bottom center of the rear window.
HAH! I was on my bicycle, so I'm STILL 'greener' than you!

Cabbie

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Parked in my branch office today and was opposite black Jetta TDI with UM plates. So a Gator and a Cane both have good taste. Always wonder if the other owner REALLY knows what they own?

Misterwang

TDI
2004 Golf TDI
Going to work today from Newport RI to Needham, MA, saw a gray Jetta with DZLDUB plates getting on Rte. 24. He took off up the on ramp in a way I've never seen a TDI move...it made my stock 2003 Jetta wagon feel like a horse cart. I looked around here discovered that he was tdisky on the TDIClub. If you're reading this, I like the way you move that thing!

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
Jetta GL, 2002, Galactic Blue - R.I.P.
Blue Lagoon A4 Jetta at Sears Hardware in Vernon CT at about 6PM today. Had a trailer hitch and a pretty obvious mufflerectomy. Drove off just as I was arriving.

MCA

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Blue Golf with NJ plates in Peekskill this morning. Red TDI badge and tdiclub.com decal in the side window. Saw it once before when I was driving my Jetta - of course this morning I was car-pooling with a co-worker so I didn't have my car.
Got up an moved pretty nicely with a bit of smoke.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
mdfirefighter said:
I've probally seen you then too. =) One of the stations I run at is right on that corner, across from the CVS.
One of my offices is in the White Plains Corporate office park right there on Stanhaven Place....just past Billingsley.

zocco

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
blue 2-dr Golf West of baltimore

Saw a blue 2-dr golf with a biodiesel sticker and club plate frame on I70-W, just past Rt29...

Had the TDI emblem below the VW Circle in the center of the hatch. Custom badging?

daBooj

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, could only find silver
yeah, when we bought the golf it didn't have the TDI badge. BetaK liked the smaller A5 letters, and wanted them centered. So... it was done.

Here's the car, course it has tinted windows now. And BetaK has a less rounded stomach, too.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
There is a grey A4 parked in the parking lot of 11000 broken land in Columbia. I see it there all the time. Would love to figure out if it is someone I work with. I think it has a cow seat cover on the driver seat.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
White A4 Jetta w/ FL plates in the I-395 HOV lanes this morning all the way to the Pentagon. After having read your license plate frame, here's a joke for you:

What do you have when you have a B-1, a B-2, and a B-52 on the ramp all at once?

Two bingo numbers and the world's best bomber! ;)

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
Parksville, NY (Exit 98 Rt 17)

I was in the ice cream shop (Fiddles) on line when I heard screeching tires. I looked back and see nothing but a grey A4 Jetta TDI with tints all around speeding away towards Liberty with massive amounts of black smoke bellowing out the tailpipe.

A guy in the ice cream shop was saying to his wife, "Wow, look at all the black smoke. There must be something wrong with that car."

I just smiled. People have no clue.

Gothmolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
Joe TDI said:
Parksville, NY (Exit 98 Rt 17)

I was in the ice cream shop (Fiddles) on line when I heard screeching tires. I looked back and see nothing but a grey A4 Jetta TDI with tints all around speeding away towards Liberty with massive amounts of black smoke bellowing out the tailpipe.

A guy in the ice cream shop was saying to his wife, "Wow, look at all the black smoke. There must be something wrong with that car."

I just smiled. People have no clue.
Agreed. With that much black smoke, there IS something wrong with the car.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Silver 99-03 Jetta with Ct. plates - passed me in Virginia yesterday and then again in North Carolina... I was doing about 80 at the time.

Looks like someone else was doing a very similar road trip!

jmasciulli

Veteran Member
TDI
I saw two on Thursday in Southern NJ. One was a dark blue B4 Passat TDI heading south on 73 in Voorhees. I also saw a black A3 Jetta TDI with Maine plates in Moorestown turning onto 38 West.