TDIFest Biodiesel

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
Those that like to run bio, I have found a location that has B99 and B20. It's about 30-40 minutes from Ypsi. The location is

Wacker Oil/G.E. Wacker,Inc.
9050 Michigan State Road 52
Manchester,*MI*48158
734-428-8366

Im going to contact them to make sure they still sell B99.

Update: It is confirmed they still do have B99!

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Wacker is awesome and they have supported the club by bringing a fuel truck in the past.

I'm glad you brought this up because I was considering asking them to bring a fuel truck of biodiesel this year for anyone who is interested.

They currently have BP 50 cetane fuel and B20 at their pump. I believe they also have B99 on the pump, but I didn't notice for sure when we were out there last month.

Any interest in having a fuel truck at TDIFest? Their store is located about 35 minutes west of Ypsi.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Wackers did bring a fuel truck out to the last Michigan TDIFest... as I recall it sold out and they had to bring a 2nd one in!

-J

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
If it's 30~40 minutes away, I'd say don't have a delivery truck at the fest.
What would they bring?
B20? What about the CRs and the 5% warranty limit? What about those of us that won't settle for B20?
B99? Except for me and a few others that want this purity or better, the B5 and B20 crowd will get just a gallon or two.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
If it's 30~40 minutes away, I'd say don't have a delivery truck at the fest.
What would they bring?
B20? What about the CRs and the 5% warranty limit? What about those of us that won't settle for B20?
B99? Except for me and a few others that want this purity or better, the B5 and B20 crowd will get just a gallon or two.
I'm betting it would be a B20 truck. But hey, after me and you went and got our B99 we could hang around the truck like the water cooler at work and try to educate. :D

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Been to Wacker several times in the past decade. The Cr's gould bring a container for their purchases.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Actually, if they had to bring two trucks to last MI fest...

Bring a B99 truck and a 50 CN dino truck, or maybe a B99 truck and a B5 truck?

That way, you can always splash blend to what you want, and the high quality dino is there.

That said, there's a station selling dino almost across the street from the hotel, for splash blending.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I was thinking of having them do a B99 truck and those of us who prefer a lower dosage could bring a 5 gallon can to fill up. As Jon said, a B20 truck would eliminate those folks who want the pure stuff.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
Even if it ends up bring a truck of petrodiesel their 50 cetane (usually 55 when they test it) is some of the best fuel you can get!

-J

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
I was thinking of having them do a B99 truck and those of us who prefer a lower dosage could bring a 5 gallon can to fill up. As Jon said, a B20 truck would eliminate those folks who want the pure stuff.
What's needed to get a B99 truck to come?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'm going to call Wacker today and see if it's something that they're interested in doing and what their schedule restrictions are. Then I need to confirm that we can actually dispense fuel at the event, when and where, etc.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm going to call Wacker today and see if it's something that they're interested in doing and what their schedule restrictions are. Then I need to confirm that we can actually dispense fuel at the event, when and where, etc.
Awesome! Hopefully they can. Because if I understood them correctly, they don't have a B99 pump, just a holding tank they pull from. So either the truck coming to the fest or they having a truck at their location is our only option.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I think you're right about the B99 pump disappearing a few years ago. I'm waiting for a call back from Tim @ Wacker as I write this message... apparently he is out fixing one of his trucks. :cool:

Charrigan

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
I do know meijer in Ypsilanyi and Ann Arbor Saline road have Bio pumps. I believe its rated at b20 and up. . Both locations are ~10-15 minutes away from the fest location.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
We tried for some of their Bio several years ago at an Auto Show G2G. It ended up with one person's Benz coming off the road and Oilhammer's car getting stuck on the side of the road from all the algae growing in the tank.

I've not been back sense.

-J

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We tried for some of their Bio several years ago at an Auto Show G2G. It ended up with one person's Benz coming off the road and Oilhammer's car getting stuck on the side of the road from all the algae growing in the tank.

I've not been back sense.

-J
For clarification, "their" is one of the Meijers, but I don't remember which one. The algae issue is not in reference to Wacker. :)

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
Wacker's has some of the best fuel in the country... it was often out of my way to go there, and I did every chance I got! :D

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
I am in for the B99 will take it back with me in a couple of jugs to blend in my 300 gallon tank for lubrication, at a very low rate for sure with the CR.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I haven't heard back from Wacker yet regarding availability. I'll follow up again tomorrow or on Monday... I don't want to be a pest.

Niner

duplicate account, banned
55 Cetane D2 and some splash blend sounds really good to me. Would they sell more D2 or B99 at the GTG with the expense and labor of driving a fuel truck out there?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Just spoke with Tim at Wacker and he's kicking around the idea of a B99 truck at Fest. If they don't bring a truck out, the station is still open Monday - Saturday from 7am - 9pm and Sunday from 8am - 9pm. They removed their B99 pump four years ago due to a drop in sales when the $1/gallon credit for B99 expired.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
Just spoke with Tim at Wacker and he's kicking around the idea of a B99 truck at Fest. If they don't bring a truck out, the station is still open Monday - Saturday from 7am - 9pm and Sunday from 8am - 9pm. They removed their B99 pump four years ago due to a drop in sales when the $1/gallon credit for B99 expired.
Sounds good. If they don't want to bring a truck out I wonder if we need to make a call before we head out there so they can get a truck, auxiliary tank, or whatever they may use to fuel us on their site ready?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
That was another thing we discussed - the availability of B99 at their station on the weekend of Fest. I'll let you know what I find out when Tim touches base with me again.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I would think 55 cetane D2 would sell better.Because all the car can use it.That my 2 cents.

Tom

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Mine doesn't. It could, but it doesn't, and it won't.
You may as well tell a vegan that they can eat pen raised veal.

When contacting Wacker and possibly having B99 available, also ask about their Monday holiday hours.