east coast salvage yards?

grizzlydiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 speed
Just wondering if anyone knew of any salvage yards near D.C. that might have a wrecked auto trans A4 TDi on the lot. I called my normal scrap yard that i get my camaro and truck parts from, and they said they didnt have VW's on the lot, let alone a TDi. i got a few places i can call tomorrow (Brandywine & M&M auto salvage) but thought id see if anyone round here knew about them.

4XTaco

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Touareg
You can try Chaz's in Taneytown MD... they usually have several Mk4's on the lot, its a roll of the dice for a TDI though. I would call- they have a U-Pullit side and a side where they pull everything.

http://www.chazsauto.com/

Chaz's Used Auto Parts

6035 Taneytown Pike
Taneytown, MD 21787

Phone: 410-876-7815​
Toll Free: 888-212-8775
Fax: 410-876-0514
Open:
Monday-Friday: 8:00-5:00
Closed on Saturday
Eastern Standard Time

Oh and there is a yard in Frederick that usually has some Mk4's also... but I can't remember the name of the place.

Last edited:

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up

pig-pen

TDI
99 jetta MKIV 5sp
m&m don't even waste your time, they are basically right down the street from me, and most likely the most expensive yard in the state. i think because of being a auto parts recycler and not a scrap/ salvage yard they think a premium price is also required. i gotten quotes on some parts that were higher than the dealer before.