Volkswagen Passat Alltrack

Would this thing work in America?

• Sure, look at the Outback: Plastic cladding sells wagons!

Votes: 156 94.0%
  • No. Europe can keep it.

Votes: 10 6.0%

• Total voters

tytek

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI 6M
Just get the A4 Allroad that WILL be sold in the US. As close as one can get to the Alltrack on this side of the pond...

They had one at the Detroit Auto Show (very nice!), and I saw plenty running around on the old continent during my last visit.

FlyGuy2480

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 VW Jetta TDI (A3 platform, AHU engine)
Just get the A4 Allroad that WILL be sold in the US. As close as one can get to the Alltrack on this side of the pond...
But will Audi offer the A4 Allroad in the US with a TDI engine? (lol that's kinda the reason why this forum is called TDIClub. I am only interested in diesels. :D There are already plenty of non-diesel 4WD wagons here.)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
hopefully the MBQ and euro emissions similar to the US means good things for us in the NA market.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
The pictures above look much better than the ones on the original post. If I lived in the mountains or was still making a ski trip every year, I could see having one with the TDI.

tytek

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI 6M
Audi NA had recently informed that they are planning to have every model available in the US to offer a diesel option. So yes, the A4 Allroad will most likely have a TDI. Maybe all of it depends on how they fix the CR issues they are having now... who knows.

German_1er_diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 118d
...and don't forget the A4/Allroad/A5/A6/A7/A8 with the "3.0 TDI" are all available in Europe with an optional "clean diesel package", with SCR based NOx scrubbing and everything.
So there wouldn't be any engineering to do if they wanted A4/5/6/7/8 TDIs in North America tomorrow.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Hasn't VW made the same statement of every model will have a diesel engine? So where is the diesel Tiguan or CC?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Let me correct my statement to "VWOA"

FlyGuy2480

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi NA had recently informed that they are planning to have every model available in the US to offer a diesel option. So yes, the A4 Allroad will most likely have a TDI. Maybe all of it depends on how they fix the CR issues they are having now... who knows.
YIPEE!!!:D Let's see if they follow through with that statement...

LRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 16 GSW... Just the LR diesel now
I'm just back from England where I saw many wagons...sorry Estates. Look great and wish we could get them here.

Pat Dolan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Variant, 2015 Q7
Why would I want an A4 Allroad with a tiny back seat, no cargo area and an extra $10k+ price tag when I SHOULD be able to buy a Passat Alltrack TDI instead???????? You know, the car I WANT!

FlyGuy2480

Veteran Member
TDI
Why would I want an A4 Allroad with a tiny back seat, no cargo area and an extra $10k+ price tag when I SHOULD be able to buy a Passat Alltrack TDI instead???????? You know, the car I WANT!
I feel your pain, brotha... :cool: Europeans get all the good cars. The North American versions are supposed to have the bigger seats, more cupholders, and heavier weight capacities.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
This isn't the car I want but totally agree with your statement. There are a lot of great cars out there that are not available here.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
That one looks more like a Tiguan to me.
As long as we're dreaming about cars we can't get, I thought I would insert a slightly different channel. More likely to get the Tiguan than a passat platform that is not sold on this side of the pond.

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
Would love one in 6MT 4Motion, but VWoA will not disappoint me bringing it to the US. Instead, I would rather look for a nice mk2 Golf Country in Europe, bring it here and swap the turbo diesel from my '85 Jetta...

FlyGuy2480

Veteran Member
TDI
Would love one in 6MT 4Motion, but VWoA will not disappoint me bringing it to the US. Instead, I would rather look for a nice mk2 Golf Country in Europe, bring it here and swap the turbo diesel from my '85 Jetta...
Good luck with that. Europe's "Cash for Clunkers" programs wiped out almost every car built in the 20th century.

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Tiguan 4-motion, Golf mk7
Good luck with that. Europe's "Cash for Clunkers" programs wiped out almost every car built in the 20th century.
I'm sure that there's as many Golf mk2 Country left now as before the Cash for Clunkers raid. We do have a lot of old cars (80's and older) but not as daily drivers.

FlyGuy2480

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm sure that there's as many Golf mk2 Country left now as before the Cash for Clunkers raid. We do have a lot of old cars (80's and older) but not as daily drivers.
Correct me if I am wrong: Last I heard (at least in Germany, not necessarily in Scandanavia), many of the used cars collected from the program were exported to various third-world countries in Africa.

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Tiguan 4-motion, Golf mk7
Correct me if I am wrong: Last I heard (at least in Germany, not necessarily in Scandanavia), many of the used cars collected from the program were exported to various third-world countries in Africa.
Yes, I'm sure that is the case, I have sold a Isuzu 4x4 that was exported to Africa.
But a Golf Country is a special edition, enthusiast, car. There's still a lot of mk1 & mk2 Golfs (and other old makes and models) in Germany, owned and modded by enthusiasts.
Cars from late 80's and throughout the 90's are gone.

I saw an ad of the Passat Alltrack today, looks pretty sweet!

Edit: Do you have Skoda Octavia Scout over there? Same concept as Alltrak, with 4wd and more ground clearance.

Last edited:

FlyGuy2480

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, I'm sure that is the case, I have sold a Isuzu 4x4 that was exported to Africa.
But a Golf Country is a special edition, enthusiast, car. There's still a lot of mk1 & mk2 Golfs (and other old makes and models) in Germany, owned and modded by enthusiasts.
Cars from late 80's and throughout the 90's are gone.

I saw an ad of the Passat Alltrack today, looks pretty sweet!
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. :)