07 Gti Fahrenheit Cjaa Swap

Bobob729

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
07 Gti Fahrenheit CJAA Swap

I have my 07 gti fahrenheit 33/1200 that i will be swapping in a cjaa and also doing a manual swap at the same time. I will be posting pics here soon when i can figure out what to use now that photobucket seems to want to charge you now to show photos other places.
Mods to the cjaa will include
malone gtb turbo manifold
gtb2260 turbo
dpf and egr delete
darkside intercooler upgrade
4 bar map sensor
cp3 pump upgrade
intake flapper delete
southbend stage 3 clutch
30lb flywheel
fluidampr harmonic balancer
2 micron filter housing and filter
stock diesel lift pump
3" Darkside Dpf Delete Downpipe
hoping to make close to 240hp ish
and will be swapping it in the starting sept. 22 and hoping to have it done within a few days this one should be pretty simple just like my audi tt swap i did. Biggest part of this swap will be the wiring. Which i have started looking at wiring and biggest changes will be in the bigger ecu plug. But i think i have all that figured out. Will end up having to wire in glow plug relays and few other things.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Good luck. I am doing something similar except into a 2012 Tiguan. I have spent the past couple of weeks on the 2 wiring harnesses to try and make sure it goes as smooth as possible. I have most of it done. Now on to the mechanical part!

Bobob729

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Ya the wiring is by far the worst of the swaps. But really not to terrible just have to move a few pins and should be fine

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
Like 50+ pins

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Well the CJAA in the Tig is now running and have all relevant code issues taken care of. Now on to the tune, some deletes and cleaning up the wiring harness. Just takes a lot of patience and persistence. Also help from Marin, and a couple of guys at MyTiguan which are in Portugal and Russia

Last edited:

Bobob729

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Well the CJAA in the Tig is now running and have all relevant code issues taken care of. Now on to the tune, some deletes and cleaning up the wiring harness. Just takes a lot of patience and persistence. Also help from Marin, and a couple of guys at MyTiguan which are in Portugal and Russia
how did you go about setting up the cruise to work correctly. Right now that's my only issue with wiring i'm trying to figure out

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
Mine was probably more straightforward since I went from a 2013 Golf to a 2012 Tig. I was able to bring the ECU and IC from the Golf, then make sure the clutch and brake signal were getting to the ECU, then finally making sure the ABS and IC were coded correctly.

FWIW, the both cars use a non-mechanical sensor to detect the brake pedal position and it is on the bottom of the master cylinder in the engine compartment. I did have to put the one from the Golf into the Tig as there was a difference and my brake lights stayed on all the time with the Tig switch and the Golf ECU

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Mine was probably more straightforward since I went from a 2013 Golf to a 2012 Tig. I was able to bring the ECU and IC from the Golf, then make sure the clutch and brake signal were getting to the ECU, then finally making sure the ABS and IC were coded correctly.

FWIW, the both cars use a non-mechanical sensor to detect the brake pedal position and it is on the bottom of the master cylinder in the engine compartment. I did have to put the one from the Golf into the Tig as there was a difference and my brake lights stayed on all the time with the Tig switch and the Golf ECU
What did you do for gearing in the Tig? Retain the stock transmission or frankenstein the golf trans with the existing Tig differentials?

Bobob729

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Well finally got started last Saturday and got the engine in and started swapping the fuel tank. Then Sunday finished the fuel tank and routed lines, added fuel filter setup, swapped from Auto to manual parts,. Then Sunday decided it was time to start wiring so started and finally finished on Wednesday just have to crank engine to start once I get a new starter. But only codes I have are for stuff I don't have installed so I think my wiring is all good but will find out tomorrow

Bobob729

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
So still working the tune out. And swapped to newer abs module just need to code it. And does anyone know much about making cruise control work?

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
Matt the cruise control wiring is on here.

Bobob729

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
i got the cruise and everything wired correctly, it shows it's supposed to work in vagcom just isn't activating even though everything is showing correctly i'm gonna try to figure it out more next week when i get back in town

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
Having issue with turbo not boosting. Actuator is pushing the vanes closed I think, it is pushing down when engine is running. Getting code for MAF and MAP.

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
im doing a b6 passat swap to CJAA has 2.0 TSI with auto.

did you run into any issues swapping the auto to manual?

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
I didn't, used a manual ECU. Just in limp mode now.