Gen 1 TDI Fix

TQOOOO

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG & 2008 E320 Bluetec
The fix has been installed on my 2014 Jetta a week ago by Cambridge VW.
Just want to share first hand experience:
- fuel consumption went up by 0.3 L/100km
- shifting point of DSG are noticeably higher under slow acceleration
- slightly more engine noise
- DPF regeneration now kicks in every 200km (used to be once per tank: 800-900km). This is the most annoying part, but I have only driven the car for about 400km since modification, may be it needs a few learning cycles:confused:

Emission fix + snow screen recall took about 5 hours, but VW pays for rental car if you need one.

Last edited:

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
I'd kill for that kind of increase.... on my 2010, the consumption has gone to absolute $h1t and I can barely get it under 8L/100km..... it's doing regens like mad.... I'm hoping that it's still adapting right now as it's only been a few hundred kms since they butchered it.
I need to fuel up now and I'm barely over 800km on this tank (about 500kms done after the modifications)

Steve140

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 & 2011 Golf TDIs
I went up about 0.2L/100 as well. I hate that it does the regen more often now. All that heat cant be good for the engine and its annoying with the fan running. Sometimes I worry if the fan is actually going to shut off when I walk away from the car after I shut it off in the middle of a stupid regen.

TQOOOO

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG & 2008 E320 Bluetec
Looks like they simply coded a shorter distance between regens. There is no way DPF will actually fill up in just 200km or so.

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
Wife picked up our new to us 2015 Jetta TDI a week ago, thats been "fixed" , so just trying to catch up on everything that is new.
Have had plenty of MK4 TDI's , and currently driving the 2006 TDI BRM (thats for sale).

How do I know if it's doing a regen?

M

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
What I typically see is a slight bump in the tac and the engine sounds a little rougher. Maybe a slight decrease in acceleration. The only other thing you will notice is when you shut it off and the fans continue to run for quite a while.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
and it stinks like hell, like the smell of rubber burning. if you have a scan gauge, use the 'x' gauge function to code in the CTC temps, you will see them rise above 400C sometimes up to 700C. you ought to be able to 'feel' the fans kick in, and can definitely hear them.

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
Was looking at getting a Scan gauge , drives me a little crazy there is no Engine Temp gauge .
That and there is no 4th digit on the Trip meters.
Distance to Empty - 220km .. *** I just filled it up.. HA

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
Brian at Roseland sells them, I think. Handy little thing, I got mine thru a buddy in the States a few years back, more than paid for itself.