Bosch Diesel Fuel Injection Service Dealers in North America

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Bookmark this site - Now!

Bosch Diesel Fuel Injection Service Dealers in the United States, Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean Islands.

In addition, you'll also find some worthwhile info (below) on Bosch's repair details and warranty codes.

"The Service Dealers listed in this directory are authorized by Bosch to service Bosch diesel fuel injection products and to perform warranty repairs within the scope of the standard Bosch warranty.

"Whenever a vehicle/engine manufacturer's dealer removes a diesel fuel injection product within the terms of the Bosch warranty, he should take the failed product to the nearest Bosch authorized Diesel Service Dealer for repair.

"A warranty registration card and/or Bosch Request for Warranty Repair, indicating that the product is within the applicable Bosch warranty period, will be required to consider a repair under warranty.

"Should the Bosch authorized Diesel Service Dealer determine that a defect in material or workmanship exists, then he should repair the product free of charge and file a warranty claim with Bosch for reimbursement of his repair labor and parts costs.

"The Diesel Service Dealer must provide the vehicle/engine dealer with a customer copy of the Bosch Warranty Repair Claim to substantiate the dealer's claim for any R & R cost to the vehicle/engine manufacturer and, if applicable, a copy of the Bosch Test Data Sheet for warranty repairs of diesel fuel injection pumps requiring calibration. Also, if a Request for Warranty Repair was completed, then the Diesel Service Dealer must provide his customer, the vehicle / engine dealer, with the Vehicle / Equipment Manufacturer and the Vehicle / Engine Dealer copies.

PREMIUM WARRANTY

"Our Premium Warranty provides three types of extended protection on Bosch diesel fuel injection products:

* 24 Months or 100,000 Miles / 3,600 Service Hours for the following new replacement products and repair parts thereof on all commercial applications: Diesel Fuel Injection Pumps (including accessories), Electronic Diesel Control System Components, Nozzle Holder Assemblies, Holders and Nozzles.

* 12 Months, Unlimited Mileage or Service Hours for: Remanufactured Diesel Fuel Injection Products and Parts on Agricultural Tractors and Combines.

* 12 Months or 31,000 Miles / 1,200 Service Hours for: Remanufactured Diesel Fuel Injection Products and Parts on all other Commercial Vehicles and Equipment (including trucks, buses, Unimogs, tracked vehicles, stationary engines, construction machinery, fork lifts and marine engines).

NETWORK WARRANTY

"In the event you experience a failure of a Diesel Fuel Injection Product attributable to a previous repair by a Bosch authorized Diesel Service Dealer and the product is within the PREMIUM WARRANTY coverage you may return it to any Bosch authorized Diesel Service Dealer for a free-of-charge repair.

Explanation of Codes (only for Bosch Diesel Fuel Injection Service Diesel Service Dealers that have been factory trained for the following products:

A = A type inline pumps
MW = Heavy duty MW type inline pumps
P = P type inline pumps
P7 = P7100 type inline pumps
P8 = P8500 type inline pumps
VE = VE type electronic distributor pumps
EC = Electronic Diesel Control (EDC) Timing
TICS = Timing Injection Control Systems - ZEXEL"

See also Bosch's North America Home Page for Automotive Service.

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: Turbo Steve ]

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI AUTOMATIC trans. GLS w/PLX package silver/black cloth
S

SkyPup

http://www.rovandiesel.com/rdi_tdi.htm

Rovan is not a sham, they certainly are ISO9002 certified, completely trained, outfitted, equipped, and authorized BOSCH shop that specializes in VW TDI rotary distributor pumps.

Give them a call and find out if they can help you out.

Dante

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2000 Golf GLS TDI
You know, I forwarded the link to myself at home, then, on the way to get a haircut after work, I passed a Bosch shop

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
The closest one to me (in CT) said that they can't really "work" on the VE37, won't invest the $35,000 in equpment needed to properly diagnose the pump, not worth it they said. Called one in MA, pretty much the same story, we just would replace it, don't have the equpment. Both said that they would ask around for me. Called Bosch, they said they will "research it" and get back to me Mon. OK but ***? is it me or is there something wrong with the Bosch guy saying "this is the automotive division we don't get involved much with the diesels" I say "I have a diesel and it's an AUTOMOBILE, could you have a diesel tech call me" Bosch guy - "I don't know they mostly only do heavy duty". I know that the TDI is an insignifigant blip on the US automotive radar screen but this is ridiculous.

M

mickey

Sounds like a business opportunity for an enterprising TDI-er.

-mickey

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Already been there and done that!

posted April 23, 2001 11:07
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, here's the scoop. I went to a Bosch certified service center in Wilmington,CA and the service writer was real helpful. He called a Bosch parts center and was told that there are only 2 Bosch facilities which can work on these electronic injection pumps. One is on the East coast and one in Canada. He said the tooling cost along with hardly any call for service on the VW pumps is the reason that all but the 2 service centers are available. Another words it dosn't pay because the demand is so scarce. He did confirm however, that I could take the top off and would not upset the pump calibration. I have to do a little filing and slot the special bolt in order to remove it and he ordered a special o-ring kit for $16 which includes this top gasket. I was really distraught this morning in my quest to get this done because it was looking like the best way out was to purchase a salvage TDI engine w/96K miles at about $1800 my cost or so and then remove the pump and take to stealership for installation. The other option would be to purchase a new pump for about $2000 or a reman. for about $1600 +core. All three of these options made me sick to my stomach so I am going for the gusto and attempting to replace the upper seal and see what happens. I will keep you all posted.

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Harvieux - Could you post the name, location or phone #'s of the 2 centers? Bosch has not called back.

Harvieux

TDI
Hello NYtdi, I attempted to attach an exploded drawing of the Bosch electronic fuel injection pump to an e-mail to you yesterday and got a return e-mail error so I re-emailed you just the text part. Anyway,I called my Bosch parts source and as I said before there are only (2) two Bosch service centers qualified and tooled to service our pumps in all of North America. (1) Superior Diesel in N. Charleston,SC at (843) 553-8331 (2) Sharma Diesel Fuel Injection in Mississauga,Ontario,Canada at (905) 625-3640. I sure hope this helps you my friend. Later.

Harvieux

TDI
Hello Velvetfoot, I don't know if Rovan is the same or not. Sharma is the name I got from my source. If Rovan is not affiliated with Sharma then I would be positive that they would not be certified to service our injection pumps. I do know however,that there is a facility in San Diego that is contemplating whether or not to become certified as we speak. As a matter of fact my Bosch source is passing on to them that there is some business to be had if they do. So let's hope for the best. Later!

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks Harvieux, I will be calling. Will post if Bosch gets back to me. The Bosch site seems misleading, they list a lot of "factory certified/trained" VE shops, but they don't have the equipment.

Bosch called and gave me only ONE name for a shop capable of working on the VE37 "in the VW application" - Rovan - looks like a road trip to the Toronto area is coming up.

[ June 25, 2001: Message edited by: NYTDI ]