New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

dpcass90

TDI
2015 VW Jetta TDI SEL DSG
Hello! Hello! I ran into this forum site while searching for a diesel car to purchase. I finally narrowed down my search to a Jetta. I am from Orange County, CA. This weekend I ended up buying a CPO 2015 VW Jetta TDI SEL. And I LOVE IT! Had a low 16500 miles on it. Plan on keeping this car for a long time and upgrading little things here and there. Thought I'd make an account and join the forum fun.

Already bought upgrade halogen high and low beam bulbs. Looking at best options for interior LED lights too. This car will be a fun project car for me. Though living in California my first big investment is going to be tinted windows. My black leather seats are ALREADY getting hot from 60 degree weather lol!

See ya'll around!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome to the forum! Please do a lot of reading first as most things you will have questions about have already been discussed many times in many threads. Search and read here first before buying anything and save yourself some money. Enjoy your new car!

Elementry

TDI
2015 Comfortline GSW, 6m,tdi
newbie, from the land of the ice and snow

[/IMG]Hello all. New to me 82,000km, 2015 Comfortline TDI GSW. CPO and fixed. First VW since a beetle back in the 70s when I was a kid. Been driving big trucks with big weight for over 30 years so I am familiar with diesels but this is my first tdi. Looking forward to learning all about them. Bought it primarily as a road trip/retirement car and plan to drive it a long while. Kept the old 03 Honda for my short work commute as this is too nice to ruin with work clothes and gear:). Hugh

Last edited:
TDI
Seat ibiza fr
Aleks, give us some interior pictures! What kind of fuel economy do you get?
I've only got these two pictures at the moment....
Im averaging 45 mpg (UK) to my commute to work over a full tank, mixed driving and the weekend blast included.
On track below 30mpg and on a run of 150miles sitting @80mph around 52 55 mpg.
Car is a lot of fun and has loads of torque.
Aleks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

binsr

TDI
'12 Golf TDI DSG; bhw waiting for a new home
Hi all, Very glad I joined the club. Always wanted to have a diesel. I grew up in Europe and all we ever bought was diesels. We still have '89 Land Cruiser LJ73 inline 5, manual. '03 corolla also diesel.
I had a B5 Passat 1.8T (here in the USA) but at least it was stick. Picked it up for $280 two years ago, put 25k miles on it, served me well and I still have it. I finally upgraded to '12 Golf TDI, 56k miles. Loving the diesel rumble and the mpg. Any tips on always appreciated!

Cheers

Tombo

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Hello! Glad to be here. I bought a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI in 2014 and have 130,000 miles on it. Lately, it's been a challenging relationship, unfortunately.

Galaxy2001

TDI
Ford Galaxy TDI 2001
Hi, I'm new to this forum hope that someone can help. I have a ford galaxy TDI 2001 that has a rough idle and tends to surge on light acceleration plus an intermittent stall when coming out of a junction from a stationary position, if I try to put my foot down on a motorway the engine won't go past three grand with out going into limp mode, but if I remove the vacuum line from the EGR valve all the problems go away. The EGR seems to be pulsing all the time I did change the EGR because the old one was leaking oil out of the vent from the diaphragm but this has changed nothing.

mensor

TDI
‘15 GSW TDI
Hiya. Noob to the forum, bought my new-to-me ‘15 GSW TDI “Althea” last year (first diesel). Loving it so far. A few aesthetic mods under the belt and lots more on the to-do list. Thanks for having me!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome to TDIClub! Do a lot of reading and searching as there is already a ton of info here about these cars. There are threads also to post pictures of the mods you do as well as DIY threads on how you did them to share with others. Enjoy!

redrevolt

TDI
2012 Sportwagen TDi
I guess I'm the newest new guy! I'm picking up my first TDI tonight, a 2012 Sportwagen DSG. I've had a few VWs in the past, 86 GTi, 8x Jetta 2door Wolfsburg and a POS 8x Golf.

Looking forward to putting some miles on the new one!

JVal1283

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
Hello...here to introduce myself real quick. Picked up a '13 JSW DSG a couple days ago. Figured we'd get something a bit more MPG friendly (haha). It'll be nice taking it out to accompany my other VW's.

13blackblack

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
New owner and new to forum.
Have just bought a “re-programmed” 2013 TDIClub Sportwagen. 55K. Only put 200 city miles on it so far but expect lots more. Love it! DSG is really neat for an old manual driver and mileage is awesome. Just a couple questions please.
1. Does the engine “ regen” automatically or do I need to manually do that?
2. Living in Ohio, how much Warm up time do I need. The car is in an unheated garage. We can get temps below 0 f.
3. Is it a big deal to change my own fuel filter? Looks like I need a VAGCOM to re-prime the system without doing damage to the fuel pump.
4. Is a block heater appropriate or necessary?

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
New owner and new to forum.
Have just bought a “re-programmed” 2013 TDIClub Sportwagen. 55K. Only put 200 city miles on it so far but expect lots more. Love it! DSG is really neat for an old manual driver and mileage is awesome. Just a couple questions please.
1. Does the engine “ regen” automatically or do I need to manually do that?
2. Living in Ohio, how much Warm up time do I need. The car is in an unheated garage. We can get temps below 0 f.
3. Is it a big deal to change my own fuel filter? Looks like I need a VAGCOM to re-prime the system without doing damage to the fuel pump.
4. Is a block heater appropriate or necessary?
Welcome aboard.
1. Happens on its own.
2. Zero warm up time, if you mean idling the engine before moving. Otherwise the owner's manual will explain glow plug time prior to turning the engine over.
3. I do my own on the Mk7, but someone else will chime in on the Mk6.
4. Not necessary. Coolant or block heater might be nice in bitter areas.
5. Check out the forum dedicated to your car- reading the old posts and using the search function will answer many questions.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
These cars are older and well documented here already for the kinds of things you are asking. Please try searching first and then ask if you can't find something. Somewhat pointless to have a site if you don't use what is already here. Welcome to TDIClub and I hope you enjoy your new car.

1. Regens automatically unless you are only driving short distances or shutting it down and interrupting them over and over again.
2. It won't warm up just idling it sitting there. Best to get in and just start driving. Use the heated seats and some have an auxiliary electric heater (built into the AC/heat system) to help. But it is only luke warm.
3. Not a big deal to do yourself. Different methods for priming are/have been used. The manual calls for a tool such as VCDS to prime.
4. Frostheater is the usual choice for these cars if you need/want something like this.

As posted above much more detail is posted here already if you just search a little.

Colin.tasker91

TDI
Mk6 2ltr tdi
Screaming noise

Hi i have a mk6 2ltr tdi it has started making a screaming noise like it is sucking air in from somewhere i cannot see any leaks it has done it about 5 times in the 3 years i have owned the car then it stops after a couple of weeks if i press the accelerator gently (1 inch down) it does not make the noise but if i press down any more than that it happens i got told it maybe the release bearing but the car drives the same no loss of power and it screams if i press the clutch down or not any help would be appreciated thankyou

TDI
2014 A6 TDI Stage 1 Tune
Recently moved from A GS350 to this beauty and couldn't be happier! She's a 2014 3.0L A6 TDI Prestige on 20s with the black optics PKG andI recently got her a stage 1 tune! Aside from the tune, I can't locate ANY other performance aftermarket products out there for this vehicle [emoji848]. If I could get an exhaust and intake I'd be golden. Hoping someone here and point me in the right direction...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

wildbill1362

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI

Hello, I just bought a 2012 Jetta TDI with the dsg that had all the emissions recalls upgraded. My brother just bought a 2013 Golf TDI manual transmission and he is getting way better fuel mileage than what I am getting, is this normal? When I am driving at 75 my rpm's are around 2200 his is just under 2000, does that sound right or is there something I don't know about? Thanks for all the help and I am excited to be in the TDI club!

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Hello, I just bought a 2012 Jetta TDI with the dsg that had all the emissions recalls upgraded. My brother just bought a 2013 Golf TDI manual transmission and he is getting way better fuel mileage than what I am getting, is this normal? When I am driving at 75 my rpm's are around 2200 his is just under 2000, does that sound right or is there something I don't know about? Thanks for all the help and I am excited to be in the TDI club!

What is way better mpg? Driving conditions play a big role as well as driver. Like what elevations/what hills, how much stop and go. What speed does he drive? Is his a wagon as well or a hatch? I’m new to the scene of TDI VWs, but these things matter across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildbill1362

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
What is way better mpg? Driving conditions play a big role as well as driver. Like what elevations/what hills, how much stop and go. What speed does he drive? Is his a wagon as well or a hatch? I’m new to the scene of TDI VWs, but these things matter across the board.

He is getting 10 mpg over what I am getting driving the same mph on the same stretch of I-15. Mine is a Jetta sedan and his is a Golf.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke

Welcome! Yes, that's normal. Your 6th gear is nearly the same ratio as his 5th gear. His 6th is much taller.

Maverickmod

TDI
'12 VW Jetta Sportwagen
New used 2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI with 118k miles I bagged for 7,400.00

Flawless. I put 600 miles on it in 10 days and not so much as hiccup. I am interested in installing a micron filter on this TDI.
There is not a lot of pictures or descriptions I've been able to find, so if you've installed a micron filter I'd like to know where you accessed the oil supply to run it through the bypass.
I have an idea to drill and tap the oil filter cap with a fitting and run the bypass filter oil to the oil filler cap. May not be the most popular idea, but I've also been known to pull off a different idea and I'm interested to hear what you have to say. Dave

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Why hack things up and risk the warranty? The sump only takes 4.5 quarts of oil per change. I don't see much upside to bypass filtration in this application.

Maverickmod

TDI
'12 VW Jetta Sportwagen
Why hack things up and risk the warranty? The sump only takes 4.5 quarts of oil per change. I don't see much upside to bypass filtration in this application.
Most micron bypass filters working in conjunction with the OEM filter remove half the size of engine wearing contaminants. Oh and, you don't typically drain the whole sump based on oil analysis showing the oil is good for continued use.
http://www.oaitesting.com/testimonials/g1343.pdf
Now I want to know if someone thinks I can drill and tap the oil filter cap to put a fitting there for the bypass filter.

Last edited:

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
You can do anything if you put your mind to it ;) that’s what my mom always told me anyways!