slow fuel pump

VDubbing

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Galactic Blue
I was filling up the other day at a now bio place as I miscalculated a side trip and wasnt able to get to where i normally get my bio 100. Anyway the pump is pumping at probably a quarter the speed a fuel pump would normally pump at. I mention this to the attendant and he says its cause the tank is almost empty. Does anyone know if this is true or if this guy is giving me the gears? Ive never experienced this before.
Thanks
Rob

wny_pat

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
VDubbing said:
I was filling up the other day at a now bio place as I miscalculated a side trip and wasnt able to get to where i normally get my bio 100. Anyway the pump is pumping at probably a quarter the speed a fuel pump would normally pump at. I mention this to the attendant and he says its cause the tank is almost empty. Does anyone know if this is true or if this guy is giving me the gears? Ive never experienced this before.
Thanks
Rob
Could be any number of problems from what he told you to vapor lock to plugged filter, along with some others.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
That is a common when a tank gets low and stars sucking the stuff up from the bottom of the tank. What causes it is the height of the lift to the pump, same happens in a water well or oil well. Oh and it means you will be getting all the trash from the bottom of the tank if it gets low enough.