Error Service message

dobeonguard

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDi
Last week I was driving on the highway in my 2015 Golf TDI and I heard a loud beep. I looked down at the dashboard and saw the orange triangle with exclamation mark along with a message. I only got as far as error service.... then it disappeared. Any ideas? I don’t have VCDS, would this alert be retained still kn the ECU? Bought her in February with 9,000 miles, I have 17,000 miles now.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Yeah every time that triangle is on the dash, hit the car button on the radio and the car will default to give you the message of what’s wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
prob gear shifter issue, is a very common issue. Code should be stored.

dobeonguard

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDi
The message disappeared within two seconds, so did the warning light. I checked the Car section on the infotainment system and no messages.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
VCDS will find it, don't worry.

dobeonguard

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDi
Found the culprit, well two of them. Took it to the dealer and they scanned it. There were two instances of the gear shift sensor that’s been recalled, and the most recent one was the battery in the remote was going bad. This begs the question why the alert isn’t displaying for more than a second? ?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
prob just the gear shifter as being the cause of the error displayed and the dealer just wrapping it into the key fob as well.

did they want you to buy a new key?

Martin Winterkorn

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE w/ Lighting Package
Found the culprit, well two of them. Took it to the dealer and they scanned it. There were two instances of the gear shift sensor that’s been recalled, and the most recent one was the battery in the remote was going bad. This begs the question why the alert isn’t displaying for more than a second? ?
So is the issue being covered under the recall for free? Took mine in last year for the same issue and they said it was only "select" VINs... Obviously its happening to vehicles outside their specified VIN range.

dobeonguard

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDi
My apologies if I wasn’t clear. There is an active recall on this problem but there is no part available yet. I was told by the dealer that Volkswagen expects the part to be available in mid December. They printed off the code and the recall that the vehicle was under, but I have not received any notice in writing from Volkswagen. This was from the dealer.

The separate code was a low battery in the keyfob. They replaced that for me and sent me on my way without charge.

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Sportwagen '15 Golf Hatch
The recall has expanded. Originally my car wasn't on the list but I received a notice recently stating it is now on recall and awaiting parts.