Key Fob -- One click, unlock ALL doors?

Spanish Johnny

TDI
Sportwagen
Hello all,

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI.

Is there a way to make it so you can just click the unlock doors button on the key fob ONCE (instead of twice) to unlock ALL the doors?

Is there something easy I can do to change this?
Can a dealer easily change this?

I've look around on here, and I think you can do it if you get that VCM (?) mod thingabop and, well, I'm not that together.

Thanks in advance!

SP

tedkidd

TDI
11 JSW
I think you can do it.

I had bunch of stuff done all at once (seat belt buzzer, remote windows, all doors,) but recall seeing door lock in settings.

amycyclenut

TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG
Yes, if my memory serves, I was able to do it myself via the normal settings on my Golf.... had to have the dealer perform the windows trick through, with their VCM.

Last edited:

Spanish Johnny

TDI
Sportwagen
Thanks guys! I got it fixed now.

By the way, what's the "window trick" I've heard mentioned on here?

Are there any simple tweaks I can do or have the dealer do next time I'm there?

Thanks again.

fujii13

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 VW JSW
You can open and close the windows via the remote rather than the key in the door. Miss that from my S4 big time. Have to go to the dealer or someone with VAG-COM to get that done.

amycyclenut

TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG
Okay, odd, as luck would have it, I lost my primary keyfob (ugh!) and it unlocked all doors on a single unlock push. As I lost it, I had to go to the back up and low and behold, that little unlock all doors trick isn't working. I double-checked the settings and it looks right.

Now, I'm wondering if this was actually done by the dealer for me (I set this up 6 months ago when I first got the car, so I don't remember if it was something I did - and I thought it was - or the dealer at my request) and it's tied to that, now lost, keyfob?? But I know for sure, it's no longer opening all doors and as of yesterday with the old key, it DID.

The "window trick" is setting up the windows to roll down automatically by pushing and holding the unlock button on the keyfob.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Okay, odd, as luck would have it, I lost my primary keyfob (ugh!) and it unlocked all doors on a single unlock push. As I lost it, I had to go to the back up and low and behold, that little unlock all doors trick isn't working. I double-checked the settings and it looks right.

Now, I'm wondering if this was actually done by the dealer for me (I set this up 6 months ago when I first got the car, so I don't remember if it was something I did - and I thought it was - or the dealer at my request) and it's tied to that, now lost, keyfob?? But I know for sure, it's no longer opening all doors and as of yesterday with the old key, it DID.
The unlock all doors and the ATA confirm (honk when locking) and probably other features are key fob specific. They only work on the key fob that was in use when you set the function. If you change key fobs, you must re-do the changes. I learned this when I turned off the honk when locking. I later locked the car with the other fob and was surprised when the horn honked.

Have Fun!

Don

amycyclenut

TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG
Sweet! I guess I'll change the function to something different, then go change it back.

Thanks for that!

I guess I'll have to have the dealership program the all windows trick again with this keyfob. Certainly not a need at the moment, as it's 7 degrees out right now :rolleyes:

halfast3

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG
You can do it through the convinience settings on your mfd. It's detailed in your manual.
Interesting. The options on my convenience menu are Door Open, Window Op and Factory Settings. Near as I can tell, all the Door open function does is unlock all the doors when the key is removed from the ignition... :confused:

cbass94

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 2011 JSW
Hey guys,
I also have a 2011 Sportwagen and can't find this option. I found the one to unlock all doors when I pull the key out of the ignition (that one's in the MFA), but I can't figure out how to program the remote so that a single press unlocks all doors. I have a vag-com and haven't been able to see what to do with that either. I've done this on a number of other VWs that I've had (older ones) so this is frustrating that I can't figure it out with this one. Any help/direction is appreciated!

cbass94

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 2011 JSW
Nevermind, just found it.

Control Module 09 - Central Electric >> Coding - 07 >> Long Coding Helper

Then uncheck box 3 called "Selektive Central Locking active (Single Door Locking)

Close the Long Coding Helper dialog and it should put the new coding in the "New Coding" field for you. Once it's done that, click "Do It!" Then close the controller and remove the key from the ignition. The next time you unlock the doors with the key fob, one press of the unlock button will unlock all doors.