Current processing time estimate???

kevincook

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
OK, it's time for the 2010 Golf to go back.

I'm at 119,516 miles and I don't want to own the car after the 120K warranty on the fuel pump expires.

I submitted the documentation today and selected buy-back as the option.

Does anyone have recent experience on the time before I will actually turn the car in? I'm in upstate NY if it makes a difference.

Thanks,
Kevin

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
If it has a clean title you should have an offer on it within a couple weeks, and should be able to schedule a buyback appointment within a month.

I just returned a clean title car a couple weeks ago, that I purchased in July.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Basically all claims that I did in last month, I get offer letters in 1-2 weeks and then appointment is 2 weeks way. So 4-5 weeks start to finish.

jdyno718

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE Manual
I switched from fix to buyback at the end of July and it took 4 days to finalize the paper work. Pretty fast. The earliest I could schedule was two weeks out.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
It seems to have no real order. I put 2 3.0's in on the same day for first half restitution and I had my appt on one 3 weeks ago and the other I am still waiting approval. I also had 2 2.0's both title in hand and one a sold back 2 weeks ago and the other I just got my appt set this week. Doesnt seem to have a rhyme or reason.

toneman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
If warranty is your biggest concern and you're sad to turn it in, why not get the fix and another 54k miles of (better) warranty?

kevincook

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
A quick update. I received an email in less than 24 hours that all the paper work read received and is correct. The need to confirm I am eligible and will send a final offer.

I live with a lot of salt in the winter and after seven years it is starting to take its toll on the car.

kevincook

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
OK, just to keep people updated on the current timing. I received a buyback offer letter today. Twelve days after I submitted the paperwork for buyback online.

kevincook

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I updated the signed documents back to VW on the morning of 9/26. We'll see when I get to the notice that they are accepted and I can schedule a return date.

kevincook

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
OK, I scheduled the buyback today. They only have dates available on Wednesdays at my dealer. I scheduled the next available date, October 18th.

So just over a month from sending in the documents to the actual buyback.

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
Thanks for the updates. Sounds like the information provided here on the forum was spot on.

jjtdi09

TDI
09 TDI
delays

If your car has any accident history and it is a clear title, it will be delayed for an indefinite amount of time, they do the 20 days to do your paperwork, then when asked via chat how much longer I get a standard answer of:

At this time your claim is currently under further review to determine eligibility. You will be contacted by email or mail when review of your claim has been completed.

Asked how much longer it will take, response is:

At this time there is no time frame to provide. We will reach out to you once you can move forward with your claim.

Anyone else had this problem, if so how did it actually take to get a second review to be complete?

kencycles

TDI
2010 Sportwagen, white gold
OK, I scheduled the buyback today. They only have dates available on Wednesdays at my dealer. I scheduled the next available date, October 18th.

So just over a month from sending in the documents to the actual buyback.
kevincook - Thanks - I'm getting ready to buy a replacement for my 2010 TDI Sportwagen (2017 CR-V) and needed to have an idea of how long it would take to get my buyback payment once I submitted my Buyback paperwork (I got my acceptance letter many months ago), and you did a great job of documenting your schedule. I'll post my schedule as it develops - I'm taking the Buyback letter to the Notary on Thursday (Oct. 5)

kevincook

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Just an update:

Delivered the car back to the dealer on Wednesday, 10/18 at 5:30pm and had an email from Chase at 11pm on 10/19.

I entered the payment information for Chase today, 10/20 around noon.

Kevin