Pictures from today's (9/4) drag racing event

AThreeTdi

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta Tdi , 03 jetta Tdi
Looks like a good turn out and a lot of fun, can't wait to see the times they turned..

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Jetta TDI Swap, 97 M3 LS1 Swap
I can't believe i'm the first one back

couple of cars dipped into the 13's - lot of fast cars out today. most people had in excess of 100MPH traps. I think oldpoopie went the fastest for the day - followed by OCTDI. Those two were neck and neck the whole time.

lots of fun, wish I was spending my time going fast instead of trying to figure out why my boost was falling off :(

MANTOOTH

TDI
Dieter - 2010 JSW
It was a lot of fun to watch...was impressed to see what TDI's were capable of being a noob and all!

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
13.9x something was the best - ~108 top traps?

lots of people trapping 103-106 and doing high 14's, plenty of us were fresh to the drag scene.

My best was my first run and it was something terrible like ~15.24 @ like ~97 - my best trap was just shy of 100 and I kept having turbo problems.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Mine were in the 17.6~17.8 second and 75~80 mph range, probably the slowest trap speed of our group.
On the plus side: I got to enjoy the experience for 3 seconds longer per run than most of the others. That's like one free run with every five completed, right?

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Mine were in the 17.6~17.8 second and 75~80 mph range, probably the slowest trap speed of our group.
On the plus side: I got to enjoy the experience for 3 seconds longer per run than most of the others. That's like one free run with every five completed, right?
don't worry, I ran some 19's :eek: damn boost falling off

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
don't worry, I ran some 19's :eek: damn boost falling off
Man, your MK2 was hauling!!! Great traps. And, I need to learn how to drive. I kept babying it off the line with 2.5 60' times. Best time was a 14.97. At least I said goodbye to 15's this year, and nothing broke!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Some great shots!! Awesome day at the track and some very impressive runs. Justin's (Poopie) car was impressive, as was Travis' (shoulda run more than 3 passes, you were getting better with each run and shoulda been in the 13's as well!), but I have to say that Robert's car was pretty impressive too, breaking into the 13's just shy of Justin's time and his trap speed was right up around the same (104-105 mph) and all this from a guy who's only run his car down the 1/4 mile less then a dozen times EVER! And Pierre was out there giving it his all and getting faster passes each time, very nice! Well done to all!!

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Did Comp461 ever show up for an actual race? If so, How badly did he lose? Someone post a comprehensive writeup, please!

Have fun, Guys!

Bill

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
Did Comp461 ever show up for an actual race?
His Friday night post on comp diesel indicates that he was not coming, unfortunately. Previously he said he would have the car brought in and then fly in to drive it. I thought he was going to do it because he said he was going to use the event for testing thereby laying the groundwork to explain a loss...

ChippedNotBroken

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta A4 1999.5 Green
All blow and no GO.

or as they say in texas ...

All Hat and no cattle.

His Friday night post on comp diesel indicates that he was not coming, unfortunately. Previously he said he would have the car brought in and then fly in to drive it. I thought he was going to do it because he said he was going to use the event for testing thereby laying the groundwork to explain a loss...

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium

I didn't remember that site, thanks! LOL, it looks like most folks see right through him....

Bill

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Was Travis running drag radials? That's cheating! Lol. I cut my 2.1 60' on bald street tires! Good work everyone!

Looks like I have some room for improvement!

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
Was Travis running drag radials? That's cheating! Lol. I cut my 2.1 60' on bald street tires! Good work everyone!

Looks like I have some room for improvement!
It's not cheating when you share them with anyone who asked to run them. :rolleyes:
Poops and I bought the set and we share them. When we were done and packing them up MAXRPM and David asked to use them to see what they could do.

One of the coordinators has all the time slips. They said something about putting all the times on a spreadsheet. Hopefully they will post it up and give me back my time slips.

O.C.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
It's not cheating when you share them with anyone who asked to run them. :rolleyes:
Poops and I bought the set and we share them. When we were done and packing them up MAXRPM and David asked to use them to see what they could do.

One of the coordinators has all the time slips. They said something about putting all the times on a spreadsheet. Hopefully they will post it up and give me back my time slips.

O.C.
This is a class act. Well done, fellows.

Bill

PS, Looking forward to the results being posted.

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)

O.C.

Well that sure is nice of you! I might buy myself a set, but it would prob cause my trans to grenade. No LSD, stock internals. I try to be good to it but I know it will need an upgrade someday, especially with my power...:eek:

TDIinTexas

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2010 JSW TDI

O.C.
Yes thank you very much Travis. Nice meeting up as well. Our fastest time was without the slicks though.

David

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
I managed a 16.2 for my fastest run of the morning. Trap speeds were around 85 or so. Not as fast as my 15.9 I ran two weeks earlier, but being nice to the new LSD and clutch will do that. Malone's got a more powerful tune for me in the mail.