2002 jetta sedan

Orth92

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI (164,XXX Miles) 1.9L, Stage 1.5 malone tuned
When i first joined this blog i think your blog was one of the firsts I read all the way through. I actually live in the Area. I am over in waukesha wi. I can't wait for you to finish it. Do you have any pics of the crash at all?

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
I do but there's not much to see....I'll see if I can find them. If you're free in spring, there's an awesome little gtg in hubertus.

Idk if I said, but my target completion date is mid April to the first of may

Orth92

Veteran Member
TDI
Yea I work at best buy but they are pretty reasonable when it comes to asking off. Yea I would love to go to a g2g i wanted to go to one a while back but i didn't find out and the schedule was already made.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
oh nice. yea they should be announcing the date pretty soon for it, but it will likely be in early to mid may. on a saturday.

just filled my jeep tank today, 18 mpg :) and i fill my tank twice a week :( driving from whitewater to madison 5 days a week for work is h*ll on a gas bill....

Orth92

Veteran Member
TDI
sick :D. Im actually getting ready to wire my radar,gps and some new lights into my car on friday. Im stoked not to have all the wires on the dashboard.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
do you know what studs to use under the dash? there's a couple of threads floating on here and vortex if you haven't found them yet...

Orth92

Veteran Member
TDI
Idk what studs. But since i work at best buy i get a pretty good deal when it comes to installation so they are going to do it for me. If you have a link ill see if its what they are going to do.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
currently? none. i'll be buying a set of retrofits that will really set off the look of the front end. i'm pissed about my hood that i bought.....it hasn't shipped. i paid 2 weeks ago....

lddrew

TDI
none yet :(
Is the new paint job matte????

edit. just saw that was on another car. i was about to say your car went from my fave on the site to last place quick lol. I love the porsche wheels on it. beautiful car

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
haha the porsche wheels are on a tt now....they look terrible.

i liked them, but i have wheel a.d.d.. as you can see above, i have 2 sets to refinish right now. both will hopefully be done for this summer. i'm excited for both. i'm just not excited to have 2 sets of adapters for the same bolt pattern wheels. why do i have to be a perfectionist about wheel set up....

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
All I have left to reinstall is the under steering wheel panels and my amp board. Got to do a bit of wire moving and extension before buttoning everything up

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i'll have to take new interior pics. those pics are deleted off my computer. i don't have that interior anymore....

i no longer have the plaid headliner, i now have
gli headliner
euro recaros
leather door cards
rewrapped c pillars from a glx with rewrapped glx parcel shelf with sunshade

seeyaby

TDI
2000 TDI jetta
I would like to see the plaid inter if you had any pics

Just got my first TDI and it's black
And the interior is in bad shape
Did you wrap your interior pieces ?

Thanks for your time

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i got the headliner and pillars already wrapped and i wrapped my mirror, armrest cover, and parcel shelf with the plaid.

i know that the part that takes the longest is pulling the old headliner carpet off of the headliner/pillar panels. it is not recommended to put whatever fabric you put over the headliner fabric because it won't stick.

here's a pic of the headliner...kinda

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
update:

the coloring on my d90 was way off....but they'll suffice as an update.

i have a mesh grille to use and still need to button up the interior....

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
oh...just wait. its going to get much better. i'll be sending my wheels out in the next few days to start the refinishing process. i really need to kick myself in the ass and get going on stuff