Engine blew? Can't diagnose yet, but have the symptoms.

Krytie TV

TDI
2006 Jetta
Instead of spending my lunch break eating, I'm now wondering what I just blew in my 2006 Jetta BRM.

I usually get a puff of smoke on startup, but this time it was a bit more. I pulled out on to the road and right after shifting to 2nd, I heard a clunk, for lack of a better term. It's almost the sound you would hear if a large metal object was bouncing around in your hood compartment. Kinda like running over something. Car was shaking moderately and I was able to pull back in at about half-power.

Of course the weather today is awful, so I pulled back into work and popped the hood to find the bottom half of the engine soaked with oil, my antifreeze is draining, and a steady stream of oil is running down from the front/passenger side of my skid plate.

I'm assuming that it's my cylinder head, given the antifreeze issue. I'm wondering if anyone has any obvious diagnoses while I scramble to figure out what the rest of my day looks like. Any and ALL ideas are welcome.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I should think the problem should be pretty obvious once you look.

I am betting by the sounds of it there is a rod that made a ventilation hole in the the block.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
I have a 2006 Jetta in need of a new body, but very solid mechanically. Let me know how this one turns out, maybe we can work something out.