(Former) 9W2 owners rejoice! Class Action Settlement

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
Also, if I get the upgrade will I now be able to initiate calls from the steering wheel and see my fone book on the MFD or does the phone book and initiating calls come up on the radio touch screen? There's no factory nav installed.
Phone info pops up on MFD and Touchscreen on my 2012 Golf. I never tried to initiate a call from the steering wheel. I can and do use the touchscreen to initiate calls and view the phone book. I do not have Nav.

BoilerBrad

TDI
2013 Touareg Sport
Just got my card as well. What is the Bluetooth Upgrade Kit? Anyone know for sure yet? I don't want them to drill any holes in my dash :(

SkipCycle

TDI
2015 Golf Station Wagen TDI SEL w/ DSG
Add me to the list of card receivers ... will call tomorrow and see what the program will be to get upgraded. Had almost given up hope since I think I sent my claim in on the last day to be a member of the class. Love this forum ... love my TDI!

zeuloa

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta SportWagen
Received my card for upgrade yesterday....... And it seems my dear wife threw it away! Can anyone post the phone number to call and see if they'll provide me with another one?

riparke

TDI
2010 JSW
Got my card too, no longer have the TDI (traded for 2012 focus) I can post the vin to see if any one has my 2010 JSW.

BMLO13

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Sportwagon
Looks like alot of cards went out..I filed my card in the junk mail pile, didn't look like anything special. The wife asked if this "blue tooth upgrade" card was trash, "uh uh... no honey I must have put it in the wrong pile thank you". I'll call my dealer tomorrow and see what they say. Zeuoa there is no phone number on the card.

ESFlash

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 TDI SportWagen 6MT
@NewLyme -- thanks for the info -- if I get the "upgrade" I hope the transmit voice quality improves, the rcv has never been an issue -- just about everyone that calls me complains about the quality when I'm transmitting on the current bluetooth setup and I wind up turning off the system and speak directly into the fone.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
received my card for upgrade yesterday....... And it seems my dear wife threw it away! Can anyone post the phone number to call and see if they'll provide me with another one?
1-888-334-6162

mkemnitz

TDI
2010 JSW
Got the card on Monday, called the dealer today to schedule an appointment. They are saying Rust jumped the gun by sending the cards out. The parts department says they cant even order the kits yet because VW hasn't made or allocated them.

Their suggestion was to call back in a couple weeks. Does this square with other people's experience?

skysnowy

TDI
jetta
I received my card couple days ago. Called volkswagen of downtown Los Angeles and was told it was a software update and I could come in the next day. I went that day and the service adviser had no idea what to do with the card. Was told that he would contact VW and see what "upgrade kit" to order and call me back.
I also called VW pasadena, and the service adviser there seemed to have no idea about the upgrade kit either. I have a feeling that this may take a while...

I would very much appreciate if the dealership already has the parts ready to go before we get the approvals in mail, it's been such a long wait and now the wait just got longer...

Last edited:

Boatman

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Jetta, '04 Sprinter, '14 GLK 250
Got the card on Monday, called the dealer today to schedule an appointment. They are saying Rust jumped the gun by sending the cards out. The parts department says they cant even order the kits yet because VW hasn't made or allocated them.

Their suggestion was to call back in a couple weeks. Does this square with other people's experience?

My wife called the dealer today and basiclly got the same responce.

glennmax

TDI
Golf VI
September !

I called the dealer to setup an appointment.

A September appointment, because "they shouldn't have sent those cards out yet"

Anyone out there have a Class Action Bluetooth upgrade success story?

motoblue

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf DSG
I called this morning. Similar story. They have to order the part and they'll call me when it's in. They were vague about when that would be. Under the terms of the settlement, the deadline to get the upgrade installed is January 31, 2013. :rolleyes:

At least the dealers now seem familiar with this. I guess that's progress (???).

MrZero

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagon
I bought a 2010 JSW in May. I guess I'll just mail in the claim form and see what happens.

RaleighTDI

TDI
2014 TDI Passat SEL
So I got my card - called the local VW dealer, first call they had no clue what I was talking about. They asked me to scan the card and send them a copy. I did then they called today and scheduled me for next friday (Aug 3rd). He said they had to have me officially scheduled before they could get the part and it should come in a week. However he could not tell me what the part was, and told me VW was being very vague about details. So we shall see I may get whatever the "fix" is installed next Friday at 2pm

dustingebhardt

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportswagen TDI (sold)
I got my card on Tuesday and called my local dealer to make an appointment on Wednesday. It was set for Saturday at 9:30am. But, based on what I was seeing here, I called to confirm the scope of work. They told me that they wouldn't do any actual work, they just wanted to get the VIN and run some diagnostics. They would then order the part and reschedule me for the actual install. So then I asked if this was an appointment I could wait around for, and they told me it would take at least 1 hour, probably 2. I told him that I thought this was a bit extreme, but he basically told me to take it or leave it. I could do the work myself if I wanted to.

studhilo

TDI
2010 Golf 2.0
Had you received any correspondence at all between originally submitting your claim and getting this postcard? Did the card indicate the module that will be installed? Thanks for keeping us posted.
There was no correspondence between original submittal and receipt of this card. The card has no info about part number or the specific module. It only quotes the court case number 10-cv-6484.

I won't have the chance to contact the dealer until September or October.

jeffjeja

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
There was no correspondence between original submittal and receipt of this card. The card has no info about part number or the specific module. It only quotes the court case number 10-cv-6484.
I won't have the chance to contact the dealer until September or October.

Thanks. I just received my card. Apparently dealers have been pretty much in the dark on this. When I called for an appointment, the service person at the dealership said he would follow up with VW and get back to me and the two other owners who have made similar inquiries.

lagomorph

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 golf
got my appointment for next weekend. dealer had only one other call so far, they're at least aware of it. They said they'd reschedule if it was going to be an issue.

kevin444

TDI
'10 JSW, CW, DSG
I'm unsure if i've recieved a notice in the mail. But how do you know if you qualify? I also own a 2010 JSW TDI, RCD510 with what I THINK is a 9W2.:confused: I guess i'll subscribe to this thread and see the outcome.

Jeffbucc

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportswagen TDI
I received my card a while back but am waiting on those who actually get an upgrade. If it is a bulky replacement rather than a 9w7 or similar underseat replacement, I'm not sure if I will get the upgrade. Don't want crap all over my dashboard.

53 willys

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Sportwagen TDI~LOVE/HATE~
I just called my dealer they said I needed to bring the car in so they can "check the software version to see if my car is applicable to receive the upgrade" my appointment is for wednesday so I will update when I hear what they say.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
Yep got the card last week. Called the new guy who had no clue, but was sharp enough to copy all the info I read to him on the card. Called back today and he said the manager was clueless and was calling VWGoA today and would get back to me. It looks like this will be a long slow road to get the BT upgrade. Typical.

dustingebhardt

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportswagen TDI (sold)
My appointment on Saturday only took 30 minutes and they sent me on my way with the parts on order. The service tech said the ETA for the parts was 1-2 weeks.