vw bora and fault code 00300 and G93

sps

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 vw bora 1.9 tdi pd triptronic(130bhp)5speed auto
THE CAR is a vw bora 1.9tdi with a 5 speed triptronic gearbox.Its done 79,380 miles from new.
i used an Autel vag405 scanner and in the auto transmssion section,it came up the following fault code-"00300-transmission fluid temp sensor(G93)-sporadic implausible signal".

The car drives fine-any ideas what this is and what i should do next?

Or should i just clear the code and see if it returns?

Last edited:

sps

Veteran Member
TDI
anyone?

if i were to clear this fault code 00300 relating to G93 -will i do any harm?
I want to the clear the code -to see if it reappears or was it a one off freak code.

on a side note,i had the engine coolant temp sensor code come-G63 up last week ,which appears to have sorted itself out after i wiggled the electrical connector on the sensor and cleared the code.

sps

Veteran Member
TDI
update.

i cleared the 00300 automatic transmission fluid temp sensor fault code and touchwood it has not returned-so i suspect it was a freak code triggered by the engine coolant temp sensor freak code due to a faulty electrical connection.

sps

Veteran Member
TDI
update.-1 month later and 1000miles later from previous same problem, ,i was driving along today and the car was shifting a little rough between 1st/2nd gears and it has the 5speed triptronic gearbox.

the vag.com shows fault code 00300=transmission fluid temp sensor-27-10 -implausible signal intermittent.

should i try and clear the codes again as i did last time?

Last edited:

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
According to my Bentley Manual, the ATF temp. sensor is located inside the transmission near the spur gear section. This is for a 09A five speed automatic, if that is what you have on your Bora. Wish I could be of more help.

sps

Veteran Member
TDI
thnks for your help.

the car does have a 5 speed triptronic gearbox(=5 speed automatic and manual 5 gears) as well if you know what i am trying to say-does the bentley manual say anything about a 5 speed triptronic gearbox?

would autogear box fluid levels have anything to do with this fault code?-as it has done 80,000 miles without the fluid level being checked as far as i know. There is no easy dipstick to test fluid levels and the manuals mention "filled for the life of the car".

Last edited:

AviDos

TDI
2004 Jetta, BEW
sps i have the same Fault code on my 04 jetta tdi Automatic Trans.
my car drives normal though.
did you get any answers on this, update please

sps

Veteran Member
TDI
sps i have the same Fault code on my 04 jetta tdi Automatic Trans.
my car drives normal though.
did you get any answers on this, update please
i cleared those fault codes and the fault has not returned as yet.
idid however replace the engine coolant temperature(ECT) sensor and i reckon as when it was faulty,it sent wrong temperature readings to the autogearbox via the ECU.

So i were you i would clear the codes and see if they return.

do you have any other codes coming up?

Celerity

TDI
2013 JSW 6MT; 2004 Golf 09A (sold)
Same pair of codes (ECT and Trans) on my 2004 Golf. I just replaced the ECT Sensor and cleared the codes, will see if the trans code comes back.

sps

Veteran Member
TDI
Same pair of codes (ECT and Trans) on my 2004 Golf. I just replaced the ECT Sensor and cleared the codes, will see if the trans code comes back.
update-after replacing the ECT sensor and clearing the codes,and 6 wks later,no fault codes have appeared as far as the ECT or ATF sensor are concerned.

also car auto tranny has not shown any abnormal or difficult shifts.

so my logical explanation is ECT sensor was faulty hence sending faulty readings to ECU which was then sending wrong messages to the auto tranny,hence the atf sensor code came up.

so do feedback what happens to your car after 6 weeks or so.

it would be nice to know if it fixed yours as it did mine

Celerity

TDI
Will do. I did more reading around the forums, and replacing the ECT has indeed fixed both for other people as well. It looks like the ECU compares the transmission temperature to the coolant temperature, so when the coolant sensor fails and reads abnormally high it thinks the transmission temperature is too low when it in fact is just fine.

My only shifting problem is a delayed upshift from 2-3 at mid-rpms, I have to ease off the gas to get a smooth shift there. That's been going on much longer than the CEL for the ECT though, I'm thinking a sticky solenoid.

Celerity

TDI
Update. Replacing the ECT sensor did indeed fix the ATF sensor codes as well. Solenoids still sticky when cold, but I guess I can live with that for now.