Judder under load TDI

chris@beaverlodge

TDI
A3 TDI Sport 8P
Please can someone help me, I own an 1996 Audi 80 TDI (1Z engine). The engine seems to missfire/judder under load at full throttle, this usually happens on the motorway and it seems to be intermittant. Since the fault first occured i have had the car chipped but the fault is still occuring. There isnt any fault codes in the ECU.

christi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Peugeot 806, 607
If you mean that the engine feels like it is about to jump out of the engine bay, between 1500 rpm and 2000 rpm on a partial throttle, then it is the same problem that I have.

On my car the juddering disappears above 2000 rpm, and also if the accelerator is pressed right to the floor.

Cruising on the flat at 60mph in 5th gear is okay, but if there is any upwards slope then I have to either floor it, change to fourth, or judder.

Towing a trailer seems to make it worse.

Is this what you really have? If so then it seems to be a "they all do that fault"...

chris@beaverlodge

TDI
A3 TDI Sport 8P
Thanks for your reply but unfortunately my car seems to be ok at low revs. My problem can and usually happens at approx 3000RPM in 5th gear under load/full throttle, what’s annoying is the fact that sometimes the car will struggle to pull more than 90MPH without juddering and smoking but then other times there seems to be no problem what so ever. I am now looking into blanking off the EGR valve as a process of elimination. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

juozasu

TDI
Audi B4 1.9 TDI 1994
Have You solved this problem? It seems very similar to mine (Audi 80 1994 TDI, 1Z). No fault in ECU Too. But when I disconnect Needle Lift Sensor, the judder at full frotle disapears. But it loses power too. Have You tried it?

I have tested Needle Lift Sensor, it shows 110 Ohms. It seems to be OK, but it is needed to test with Osciloscope Too.