Changing oil and Fuel Filters on 2006 Jetta

Brian B

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon - Silver
Is there any difference from changing these from a 2003 Jetta? I was going to give a friend a hand doing this but forgot his was a 2006 PD? I beleive.

Typically I just use my pella through the dipstick to do mine and same with fuel filter, just use pella to prime my fuel filter.

let me know:confused:

T_D_I_POWER

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 VW PASSAT GLS TDI '06 Audi A4 q Avant 6-Spd Sport Pkg
This is for the B5.5, but it s/b the same principal for other TDIs

For OC, I am an old school bottom drain believer. Hot oil flow faster with gravity and brings all the foreign materials with it
vs oil xtractor - against gravity - and oil has to be warmed not hot so it won't soften the plastic tubing.

I used the oil xtractor to remove excess oil in the OFH etc.

Don't forget to do this. The valvetrain, turbo bearing, hyd. lifters etc. will tank you for it.

OF cap removed and OFH full of old oil

Pic.1

Old oil removed from OFH and completely cleaned. Anti-drain valve shown @ ~ 7 o'clock position
Oil will automatically drain to the crankcase as the OF cartridge/insert is removed

Pic.2

Insert filter, this will close the spring loaded anti-drain valve and add approx. 700 ml oil. This method is to replicate condition in pic.1 so no oil starvation to the valvetrain at first start. Better to pump oil than air to the valvetrain, turbo bearing, hyd. lifters no wear and tear.

Pic.3

Peace of mind. At first crank it pumps full oil not air to the valvetrain, hyd. lifters, turbo bearings etc.

Pic. 4

1st TO PREFILL OFH WITH OIL IN THE CLUB

FFC

Fill FF w/ Diesel fuel. Very easy to do, no leaks, no air bubles, no spills
no priming required, no EFP cycling & wear and tear, always starts the 1st time

Fill to the bottom of the T-Static hsg neck. Lightly lubricate T-Static O-rings w/ Diesel fuel
before re-installing T-Static valve. Peace of mind for the injectors at first start as it will
get dose of fresh Diesel fuel not air

1st TO PREFILL FF WITH DIESEL FUEL IN THE CLUB

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Brian B said:
Is there any difference from changing these from a 2003 Jetta? I was going to give a friend a hand doing this but forgot his was a 2006 PD? I beleive.

Typically I just use my pella through the dipstick to do mine and same with fuel filter, just use pella to prime my fuel filter.

let me know:confused:
Please disregard the above post, does not apply to your car.

The oil filter is different, similar arrangement but you will need a different socket for the top.

The fuel filter is completely different, and there are two different ones used on the BRM cars (if this car is in fact a BRM).

In either case, the fuel filter will require a Torx bit to remove the top part,you do not need to take any hoses off. And you can prime it easily by cycling the key on and off a few times.

Last edited:

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
How the heck did you get your OFH so bloody clean?

Jeff Heyerman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Wagon (Mk IV)
Unless it's a 2006 PD Jetta wagon (mk iv) in which case it's all the same as the 2003... Except you can use the lift pump to fill the fuel filter before starting the car, rather than with mighty-vac.

Last edited: