Adblue will not reset.

mech644

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '14 Touareg
Potential a major problem brewing.
In Towson MD , bound for home in Blue Hill maine, 635 miles away.

Adblue range is 700 Miles. I’ve filled tank up to capacity and follwed owners manual reset process. It won’t reset.
VCDS is at home. Fearful we are going to not make it bome before computer shuts car down.
Any suggestions or advice is welcome. About to get on 695 north.

mech644

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '14 Touareg
Well made it back home. Hooked up VCDS and did a full DTC scan and reset, same for the service reminder.
Still have the adblue warning, 150 miles to no start.

Is there a specific location in VCDS to reset the adblue tank level?
I’ve done the ignition and wait 30seconds 7 or 8 times and no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yeti35

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI
Are you getting any sort of code for the tank sensor? More than likely it is bad if the tank is full.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Don't you love it when you're ready for a long trip and this crap happens? Had a similar problem with a dead battery the day of a 1500 mi trip up north from FL. Zero hints of a problem. Fortunately I had a Lithium battery jump starter and off to the VW dealer for 1 &1/2 hr installation. Thank God it didn't happen in the middle of the trip.

If you haven't heard about the lithium battery jumper,you need to look into it. They are about the size of 2 cigarette packs and weigh about a pound. Have one on my boat all the time.

atunicus

TDI
2005 allroad bhw, 2013 touareg
I just reset my 2013 by keeping the key cranked to the right for about a minute until I got a key error to appear on the dash. After that i started the vehicle and the range warning was gone.