Fuel Flap Door

outthere

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 B5 Northern Green wagon
Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I knocked the fuel nozzle into the fuel flap door on my B5 Wagon. The flap snapped at the hinge. Does anyone have a diagram or pics of how this goes together? I'd like to remove the hinge thats still attached to the car, epoxy, replace but not sure exactly how this goes apart & back together. worst case replace it.

Your awesome help is always appreciated! (Coming up on 13 years of TDIClub- I owe a lot of folks props/beers!)

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
probably lots of used ones available as its not tdi specific. forget trying to glue it.

MattS

TDI
2005 Passat
Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
I knocked the fuel nozzle into the fuel flap door on my B5 Wagon. The flap snapped at the hinge. Does anyone have a diagram or pics of how this goes together? I'd like to remove the hinge thats still attached to the car, epoxy, replace but not sure exactly how this goes apart & back together. worst case replace it.
Your awesome help is always appreciated! (Coming up on 13 years of TDIClub- I owe a lot of folks props/beers!)
There is a single Torx screw accessible with the door open (or broken off!) that holds the whole assembly in place. Removal is very easy. I swapped mine with one I found on a gasser in the junk yard. (Had to manualy activate the release on the junk car after removing the side panel in the trunk.) Paint is a perfect match. I was even able to peel off and reuse my diesel label on the inside of the flap.

auntulna

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS Passat wagon, mit panzer plate
I had one break where the hinge meets the door. Took it out, just one screw.

Glued it indoors for better temperature and control; used super glue to hold the parts, then covered that with epoxy glue.

Gave it about ten open/close cycles. Doing OK so far.

outthere

Veteran Member
TDI
Many thanks - found a used match online $50 later part arrived today. I hadnt thought to look at gasser's and other model years, duh.

This is from a '99 passat gasser. Hope to pop it in tomorrow AM.

Thanks again I appreciate the feedback!

outthere

Veteran Member
TDI
Shout out to Tom's Foreign Auto Parts in CT. exact fit, color, and arrived in 36 hours from order for $49. tomsforeign.com