K+N 2015 Passsat TDI Fuel filter

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Originally Posted by crazyrunner33
and the guy before me said there was at least a 20 hp increase, can't argue with those results.

I love the "guy before me" statement :cool:
Sorry but that harks back to the days when using a special circular spark plug would give you more power and save gas and many more different things to save you gas.

Back then I used to buy all these things and I saved so much gas my tank kept overflowing.:eek:

But seriously I just want a filter I can clean and replace at will especially since for almost 6 months I'm in Mexico.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
But seriously I just want a filter I can clean and replace at will especially since for almost 6 months I'm in Mexico.
Well,
I don't know but my owners manual sez to change the paper air filter every 60k. Do you put on 10k per month while you are in Mexico?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Alright I'll skip the search for a K+N fuel filter.

Reason I was looking, I bought a K+N washable cabin filter and also a cleanable K+N engine filter. Have read good reports on those.
You certainly didn't read those good reports here. The consensus on TDIClub is - and has been for over a decade - to avoid K&N products.

Stick with the OE paper filters. They're far superior to K&N in terms of filtration performance.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The paper filters may be far superior functionally, but they don't have flashy advertising and gimmickry. Look at how many poorly informed consumers are duped into buying unneeded and often harmful products like Slick50, fuel line magnets, etc. A sucker is born every minute.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
or like power service and centane booster? ;)

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
The alternative is to run them like my truck, no filter. Close your lungs or filter them with a cigarette, we're going in!

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Originally Posted by crazyrunner33
and the guy before me said there was at least a 20 hp increase, can't argue with those results.

Sorry but that harks back to the days when using a special circular spark plug would give you more power and save gas and many more different things to save you gas.

Back then I used to buy all these things and I saved so much gas my tank kept overflowing.:eek:
Well it looks like you sucked for it one more time and bought an inferior product from a manufacturer (for more money) that is all about their hype as being as good as or better than the OE product and will save you money.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
The alternative is to run them like my truck, no filter. Close your lungs or filter them with a cigarette, we're going in!
Here we go agian..........how childish could you possibly be. Your truck gets 20 more HP with a K&N air filter because the guy that sold it to you said so. Man O Man this forum gets some real doozies. You just gotta say something eh?

Last edited:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Here we go agian..........how childish could you possibly be. Your truck gets 20 more HP with a K&N air filter because the guy that sold it to you said so. Man O Man this forum gets some real doozies. You just gotta say something eh?
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic. That piston looked mighty chewed up.

Agree with you on the mann charcoal cabin filters.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic. That piston looked mighty chewed up.

Agree with you on the mann charcoal cabin filters.
Alright, that sarcasm went right over my head and I'll bet many others. This thread is becoming useless from the informational standard we are so proud of here. I suggest the mods close and lock it