info regarding putting a skid plate on a newer Passat

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
If anyone is thinking of skid platting a 2015 Passat, you can use the 2012 to 14 ones if you buy a different front bracket for the air breather side,, I confirmed it with Evolution,

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
If anyone is thinking of skid platting a 2015 Passat, you can use the 2012 to 14 ones if you buy a different front bracket for the air breather side,, I confirmed it with Evolution,
I put an EVO skidplate on my 2015 last year. I was told that I got the first one which was adapted to fit a 2015.

New Mickey

The user formerly known as mickey
TDI
2015 Passat
Good to know. That'll be my first mod. Cheap fiber covers are a pet peeve of mine.

-mickey

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Good to know. That'll be my first mod. Cheap fiber covers are a pet peeve of mine.
-mickey
I had an EVO skidplate on my previous Jetta. Bought it after a friends Jetta had an expensive dealer oilpan replacement caused by ice punching a hole into it.
The EVO skidplate looked like it went through 2 world wars went I traded it a year ago. I know that one time I could not avoid something on the road and heard this awful bang. Just made a big scratch on the skidplate !

New Mickey

The user formerly known as mickey
TDI
2015 Passat
I believe EVO wants you to use it in combination with the fiber cover, for sound deadening, but I'm going to use spray-on undercoating instead.

I'm also buying a new Topsider when the time comes, so I shouldn't have to take the skidplate off at all except to service the DSG.

-mickey

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I believe EVO wants you to use it in combination with the fiber cover, for sound deadening, but I'm going to use spray-on undercoating instead.
I'm also buying a new Topsider when the time comes, so I shouldn't have to take the skidplate off at all except to service the DSG.
-mickey
You have to remove the skidplate to get at the oil filter !