VR6 clutch, high frecuency vibration, what do you think it's the problem?

joseluis.17g

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 MKIV mexican Jetta 1.9 TDI
Ok so I just get my clutch replaced with Sachs vr6 SMF like 3 weeks ago and it just started vibrating whenever I try to accelerate with low boost, once I start getting some boost it stops, the vibration I can feel it on the clutch pedal and the accelerator pedal, no strange noise on idle just the SMF normal noise, I can also feel it on the gear leaver, when going from a stop I can feel like 3 or 4 clicks on the clutch and then the vibration.
Can you help me? I just get some opinions before I go to the mechanic to be better informed
Thank you

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Sounds like what ever the problem is, to investigate will require taking the transaxle back out, except as a long shot, check the motor mounts and motor mount bolts first.

3 or 4 clicks then the vibration? You should have no clicks. My SMF with 51K miles has absolutely no clicks, vibration or noise and it was like that from the first time I started the car after replacement.

I would recommend you stop driving the car until the problem is fixed. If something does come apart while you are driving it, it could cause severe damage to your transaxle and/or engine.

Satiro

Veteran Member
TDI
IBIZA 1.9TDI 110hp AFN 1998
maybe a wrong lever/bearing installation?

Just for interest,did you change the stock lever for G60 unit?
I have my Sachs VR6 clutch with G60 lever and no problems after 100.000km on it...
Don't drive car so,find the problem before serious damage.

Good luck!:)

Last edited:

joseluis.17g

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock leaver, what could be if something in the transaxle? Maybe flywheel wasn't torqued correctly? Or what could it be? I'll check the motor mounts, does any one know the torque specs for the bolts on the motor mounts?

Satiro

Veteran Member
TDI
IBIZA 1.9TDI 110hp AFN 1998
do you have vibrations at idle? I think if flywheel isn't torqued correctly, you should have vibrations all the time...

joseluis.17g

Veteran Member
TDI
no vibrations at idle, just when the engine it's at load according to scangague is almost when the load is over 50-60

Today I'll take it to the mechanic, see what he says, he'll probably want to take it apart, unfortunately that means no car until Monday probably :(