A big Thank You

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
First the story:

At the Saturday Pig Roast, I parked and locked my car, walked around taking pictures and took a test drive in the new Passat (took picts of that as well).

Later, I found that I had lost my keys somewhere on the dealer lot. Many people helped me (many thanks :eek:) search the Passat, even the dealer salemen helped out, but it was not in the car. Others helped me out searching the lot from back to front, but no luck :(

Jeff (Rockechip) and his wife, Frank (frank06) and his wife, Fred (VWDerf), and Shalon (Zippy) amont others stayed late and helped me search into the night at the dealer. Jeff even stayed until the tow truck came and helped us load the car onto the truck.

We brought the car back to the hotel and Jeff helped us unload it and arrange for me to make sure that it was snug and secure.

I can't go on and thank those that helped enough over this, :eek: I know that at times while searching I was a bit terse and short tempered, and for that I humbley appologize if I came across that way :eek::(. You guys helped me out.

I'll post more as this unfolds and let everyone know how it turns out.

For now, if anyone has found or finds a VW switchblade key with a TDI Compass keychain, please turn it in at the Hotel Desk.:D;)

Thanks.
MrVermin

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
well, thanks to Aaron of BoraParts and the use of his FedEx account, ;), My brother will be sending my spare keys to me over-night, and I should get them by Wednesday 10am :)

Lessons learned:

- Carry a spare set of car keys in Camera Bag (keep said bag in hotel room)
- Park with wheels straight :eek: (just in case)
- Always be with Good Friends :D:cool:

Thanks to all :eek::D

MrVermin

Torque_Delight

TDIClub Enthusiast, Modded
TDI
Galactic Blue (LG5V) 2001 Jetta
Damn what an adventure for a little piece of metal with a groove in it !

I'll take your lessons and will carry a spare key just in case it happens to me the next time!

At least you found a way to get out of this and you have a little more time to enjoy KY and Relax a bit!

Take Care and have a nice drive back home

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Glad it worked out and your spare key will be arriving in the morning! It's awesome how everyone chips in to help a friend in need.

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Hey Joel,

I'm glad I was able to help you in more than one way...

I was good to get to know you. We'll be meeting up again, I'm sure.

Hope you got home safe with no more drama.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
heya all....

Well, I got my gets in the FedEx envelope Wednesday morning (big thanks Aaron), packed everything up and checked out. The hotel was very helpfull in assisting me to clean and dry my Trunk Matt after oil spilled on it from a leak in a container in my trunk..;).. (BTW: Purple Power really works:D)

Anyway, I got everything ready and headed out to my sister's in New Jersey (just across the bridge from Philadelphia). I took the south route through West Virginia and turned left at Baltimore. That is when I hit the STORM..:eek:..

Wow, what a storm, Baltimore was being flooded as I drove past, this thing was moving slowly up the coast, so I had to get ahead of it and get to my sister's first. I made it ok, but now another problem..:(..

The storm blew through and flooded areas in and around Philly, as well as west of the city, that would be my route out :(

Looks like I will be here for a day or so until they clean everything up. ;)

I think I am going to write an addendum to the book of "Murphy's Laws"...:p

MrVermin

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
If you're bored and don't want to go home yet, come on down to DC for a day or two!

The flooding on Thursday here was unreal... never seen anything like it before. Monsoon rains for at least 2 hours straight... 12" for the day. :eek:

Last edited: