Oklahoma people!

SlowImport

TDI
none :(
Just wanted to introduce myself, and ask a favor at the same time.

My name is Josh and I am from Norman, ok but go to swosu in weatherford, ok and Just scored an internship in Ada on the weekends this summer.

Anyways, I am looking to sell my 03 cobra, and 03 WRX wagon to get into a tdi Jetta. I was wondering maybe we could setup a little get together in the okc metro area. Basicly grab some food, bs about tdi(so I can learn even more) and maybe have a few of you take me for a spin to show me what a tdi is all about.

I know this is short notice but I will be in okc this weekend mountain biking so if any of you guys/gals wanna grab some grub and teach the newbie that would be awesome!

Thanks in advance,
Josh

sjjaskow

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6M
I'll be moving into the Ft Sill/Lawton area this next week, so if you ever end up in that region again, pm me. There is an active VW community in OK, but I don't know how many TDIs are a part of that group. Their website is wetdub.com.

Dr Jones

TDI
06 Golf
Sorry, I don't come here often and just read this.
I am in Norman (Thunderbird area) if you want to get together.
I will check back in a day or two. I am off to Tejas tomorrow.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
Get to know

If you are ever in Fort Worth you can come by my shop and talk about tdi's and I will let you test drive one of mine.

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
McNellies is at 2nd and Elgin downtown in the Blue Dome District. Some of the best food in Tulsa, really.

Or, if you want another cool place, White Lion on 71st and Canton (next to the QT) is an authentic English place with real Brits :). And Kilkenny's on Cherry Street is pretty bad ass as well.

OKAaron

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta/Bora Wagon 2002 Black, 2006 Jetta TDI
I'm in OKC and mtb 2-3 times per week. Hit me up.

arneeche

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (former), 2012 Jetta TDI (Former), 2014 JSW TDI
Tulsa area new owner of an 06 Jetta TDI, would love to make it to a meet-n-greet

arneeche

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (former), 2012 Jetta TDI (Former), 2014 JSW TDI
anybody around here have an extra passenger side curtesy light cover (the little red lens that is on the inside door panel) and one of the plastic chrome pieces for the mk5 grill for sale?

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
anybody around here have an extra passenger side curtesy light cover (the little red lens that is on the inside door panel) and one of the plastic chrome pieces for the mk5 grill for sale?
I can probably have the front chrome bar thing for sale. I'm considering replacing my bar with a GLI/GTI piece.

Little red lens should be easy to get if you have the part number (go to ECSTuning.com or similar).

Chris Derrick

TDI
2002 jetta TDI
Who in oklahoma city Edmond area has a VAG-COM and good at tuning TDI's? I am in Edmond and work in MWC have a 2002 Jetta wanting to do few mods would like help. thanks Chris

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
I don't spend much time on the OBD forum but I don't think there's anything you can easily do with vagcom that will accomplish "increasing pep." If you haven't already, start in the power enhancement forum where you'll learn you want to either chip your car (have the ECU reprogrammed) or change your nozzles or both, assuming it's the 2002 listed in your signature. Mileage is affected more by driving style than anything else. We've chipped our Passat and the mileage boost is very minor, plus it's then harder for me to keep my foot out of it. Here's a decent starting point:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=102442

As far as I know, nobody in the OKC area, or OK for that matter, tunes TDIs. Good luck!

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
There's someone in SW Missouri that does I think. Personally, I'd go for a Malone dealer, so that leaves Nevada, MO and Frisco, TX as the closest.

Hurricane Drew

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
Anyone in Tulsa have a VCDS? Would love to watch someone change my fuel filter the first time...I'm avoiding the dealer here. Bad parts buying experience already...

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
Drew, it doesn't require VCDS (many people insist you use it to prime the pump, but I never have and neither has MacBuckeye - I'm at 71K on my 2009 without issues), but Ray_G has one and lives in Mannsford if you want to go for a drive.

If you didn't care about the lack of priming, I can show you how to do it. You have to drive to midtown though. :)

Also, I order my stuff from Amazon where possible. I have to get my oil filter at the dealer (but it's $8), but the other filters are on Amazon:

Cabin air filter
Air filter with prefilter - the one without the prefilter is also available but I'd much prefer the prefilter's minor performance impact than have the filter get wet and not filter well.
Two hole fuel filter (I don't know if they carry the one hole)

I think NAPA can order any of these filters as well. Amazon Prime makes the above purchases very much worth it :)

Renren66

TDI
2010 Golf 2dr DSG
Just checking in - a proud new owner of a 2010 Golf TDI. And OKAaron, where do you mtb? Draper area?
anyone with any info on biodiesel in OKC?

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
Hi Oklahoma

Enjoying your state-Tulsa to be precise-after finding a couple of issues of my 09 JSW. HPFP self destructed about 20 miles south of McAlester last Saturday and have been sitting in a Laquinta a week. It didn't help to break down on Saturday and have Monday as a holiday.
Fuel system was replaced by Friday-after a discussion with VOA-after Tulsa VW wanted to clean instead of replace the fuel tank. Friday-a new ecm was ordered after the CEL and glowplug lites wouldn't reset. Now it's Saturday and the ecm didn't fix things. Apparently the car also pulled a egr code and they cleaned the egr-and the egr now appears to be the cel/glowplug culprit.
Now- after missing a week of work-my wife's "having a cow." Today- I tried to trade for an"11 JSW at Tulsa VW. They come at me with full sticker-after I've been stuck at their dealership for 7 days. No way i'm paying that and they offer to knock off $1k. We ended up $600 apart at 500 over invoice. I offered to split the difference but that didn't fly. Anyway-here we are-back at our second home- LaQuinta waiting for Monday and a new egr.