Discounted Veggie Oil Conversion Kits

BiodieselCleveOH

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Silver
Hi, all. Posting this notice for anyone interested in getting a discount on a "greasel" kit from www.greasel.com. The kit upgrades your TDI to dual-fuel capability. You start on diesel or biodiesel, once the separate veggie oil tank is heated, you switch to veggie as fuel and presto, cheap, clean-burning fuel from the fryer. I'm one of several groups co-sponsoring a hands-on, supervised installation workshop of the SVO kit on TDI customers and other diesels in Cleveland, Ohio on May 21st (Friday). You can attend and help other TDI owners install a kit or purchase one yourself and install it in a supervised setting complete with electric lifts and the whole 9 yards. Email me for a PDF flyer with additional details. You can email your request to ray@biodieselcleveland.com

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
could you email it(the pdf with prices I hope) to me at ibbruck(at)excite.com

BiodieselCleveOH

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Silver
No problem. It's headed your way. Hope you might be able to make it. John Beyer and a couple of other TDI Club members will be attending as well.

BiodieselCleveOH

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Silver
Hi, Growler. Tried to send you a flyer and your email isn't working. Email me your correct address or list it here. Thanks, man.

BiodieselCleveOH

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Silver
To WolfTDI et. al, the level of discount is still up in the air. It will depend somewhat on how many folks register for the workshop. Participants who will NOT be purchasing a kit to install on their own vehicle during the workshop will pay a workshop fee. Proceeds from the fees will be paying for lunch on Friday and contributing to the discount to be made available. I would tentatively say the kit discount should be at least 10%. We should have this firmed up in the next 2 weeks.

BiodieselCleveOH

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Silver
Thanks everyone for spreading the word about this event. I've responded to many enthusiastic email inquiries. We hope to provide a real quality experience. Considering one of our sponsors is a brewing company, we will probably provide some free liquid "souvenirs" (and I don't mean vegetable oil;) ) to the workshop participants. (To be used responsibly, of course....)

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
[ QUOTE ]
Hi, Growler. Tried to send you a flyer and your email isn't working. Email me your correct address or list it here. Thanks, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently it is a large pdf (say bigger than 2.5 MB...) Excite only allows me to have 3mb of space so send it to
ajbruckelmeyer(at)aep.com

thanks.

BiodieselCleveOH

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Silver
OK, gang. Looks like the workshop fee is going to be $60 which includes lunch on Friday. This is the price of admission for anyone who is attending but NOT installing a kit into their own vehicle. If you're buying a kit and installing it during the workshop, your fee is waived. A deal and a half. Can't beat that with a stick.

BiodieselCleveOH

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Silver
Final discount will be 10% off retail for the kits. The workshop format is going to be 2 days. First day is optional and will be a step-by-step installation of the kit onto one vehicle. This experience is recommended for folks who will be doing their own guided installation on the following day (Friday) that will be supervised installation of the Greasel kit onto participants vehicles. Again the dates are May 20-21 (Thursday and Friday) in Cleveland, Ohio.

Blackknight

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Dang it, wish I could go, but with classes starting that day and my birthday I won't be able to make it.

If you have another get together some time I might be able to buy a kit.