View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2012, 07:47   #61
lynnejohn
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry-vw- View Post
My 05 has been doing the same thing, rough idle and even smoking on cold start ups. The car is all stock with a BSM completed last spring. I was talking to a friend with a TDI Touareg about my problem and he asked what type of fuel have I been using. I told him that I fill up a Road Ranger and he said that their "crap fuel" could be causing my problem. As I got closer to needing fuel I thought that his idea was too simple and I should try a different brand to prove him wrong. I filled up at Shell and within a couple of days I noticed the rough idle wasn't as bad and the smoking was less. I have filled up at Mobil 2x since then and I have noticed a huge improvement. The rough idle is there just a little bit but it goes away very quickly and the smoking is gone.

I don't know if this is just a coincidence but it is worth a shot.
Well I do always fill up at the same station so I could try using another. On a second note it appears that when the car had the glow plug update they forgot to put in the correct plugs (they were not NGK's as thundershorts had suggested.) It was done yesterday so I don't know if there is any difference.
lynnejohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06624 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.53 Kb. compressed to 14.06 Kb. by saving 1.47 Kb. (9.46%)]