Mercedes Dumps Diesel-Will Diesels Survive?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Its called we nuke the EPA and go back to actually having a free country.
Yes indeed! I know we all miss the freedom to dump our used motor oil in our back yards, the freedom to dump toxic chemicals in our streams and the freedom to roll coal on hapless joggers and bicyclists. Ah, the good old days. I, for one, miss the unfiltered coal plants and factories with black soot rolling out of the smokestacks. Nothing shows off industrial progress like a brown cloud of smog over our cities and ports. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
A little education goes a long way. Here's Rosa Koire - a forensic appraiser that talks about Agenda 21. https://youtu.be/Xu02iNri6cc
it's very real and there's plenty of evidence it's being implemented.
Education is a good thing. Rosa Koire, the wigged queen of chemtrails, apparently never got the memo. :D
When folks like her are your go to resource for (mis)information, it's time for some reevaluating.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Its called we nuke the EPA and go back to actually having a free country.
Free to do what? Anything we want regardless of the consequences. I should be able to burn a pile of tires in my backyard yeah that's freedom. In your mind just condemn any regulatory body that tells you you can't do something that is harmful to others. That is one of the reasons we have government and laws. Maybe you should go live in some third world country where there are not any restrictions on where you $hit eh? Yeah freedom, I get it.

Last edited:

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Yes indeed! I know we all miss the freedom to dump our used motor oil in our back yards, the freedom to dump toxic chemicals in our streams and the freedom to roll coal on hapless joggers and bicyclists. Ah, the good old days. I, for one, miss the unfiltered coal plants and factories with black soot rolling out of the smokestacks. Nothing shows off industrial progress like a brown cloud of smog over our cities and ports. :rolleyes:
I remember the first time I went to Pittsburgh in 75. The moon was bright orange due to all the iron in the air. Most of the steel plants were still running. Yup, I sure miss the good old (hack, hack) days.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
A little education goes a long way. Here's Rosa Koire - a forensic appraiser that talks about Agenda 21. https://youtu.be/Xu02iNri6cc
it's very real and there's plenty of evidence it's being implemented.
That's not a citation, that's someone making tons of claims without backing them up, and then diverging into some bull**** about chemtrails.

And the claims about the Bay Area building up are laughable - the Bay Area is full of NIMBYs that refuse to build up, causing a massive housing crisis, because people want to live there - nobody's forcing anyone to live there, they're in fact forcing people to move out to the suburbs or further out through pricing them out.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
One of the monthly editions of the National Geographic (1968) had a photo (aerial view) of the Mississippi River at St. Louis. About mid-way of the river the effluent of sewer (raw or untreated) being discharged was distinctly visible. (the edition was used for discussion in Spatial Geography class)

In the summer of 1969, I can remember looking at down-town Cincinnati from the hill on I-75 (Kentucky side of the Ohio River). The view was extremely "fogged" by all the smog. Driving through the city on I-75 was an olfactory adventure ---- Slaughter houses west side of I-75 near down town, Nu-maid Margarine, Formica, Proctor & Gamble, GE, etc ...

Today, in Cincinnati the smog is gone and there's no longer an olfactory challenge. And, I'm sure St. Louis has cleaned up it's act with respect to sewer treatment as well as all the other large and small towns across the nation.

tdi_sport

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd tdi sport (limited edition) platinum grey and a 1996 dodge cummins diesel 4x4 5sp lots of mods and a 335d stock for now.
Of course they have to kill diesels. They can't have any competition to electric cars which the global elite are pushing hard.
Electric cars require massive subsidies and the average person would not choose to spend their hard earned money on a range bound 300 mile Tesla Model 3 for $55k (the true cost of a model 3 before Gov't subsidies) over a 600 mile range Golf Sportwagen TDI for $25k (that is much higher quality too).
This is all a part of U.N. Agenda 21. They want everyone living in high density stack and pack apartments in city centers and not out in the suburbs or countryside so they need to control everyone's movement and push these range bound autonomous vehicles. You owe income tax or are vocal about government trangressions? Guess what- your 100% electric car will stop working at a push of a button.
I know this all sounds crazy but look into it yourself. These things don't happen by chance. Every car company is breaking some rule or cheating in some way. The EPA gets to selectively enforce these rules/laws and they had to take down VW Diesels as they were just gaining widespread popularity.
I bought 3 of these fixed TDIs (to go along with my '02 ALH Wagon) knowing that the days of diesels is coming to an end. I may have just made a big financial investment blunder (spending $100k+ for these 3 TDIs) in a dying technology but in my own little way it's an act of defiance. I had a reservation for a Model 3 (stood in line the first day reservations were available) and when I came to the revelation as to what was taking place I cancelled it and immediately decided to buy as many TDIs as I could.
You can take my TDIs from my cold dead hands.
That was awesome. Lol.

Anybody ever read Metropolis? Seen the movie? Anyone?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
One of the monthly editions of the National Geographic (1968) had a photo (aerial view) of the Mississippi River at St. Louis. About mid-way of the river the effluent of sewer (raw or untreated) being discharged was distinctly visible. (the edition was used for discussion in Spatial Geography class)

In the summer of 1969, I can remember looking at down-town Cincinnati from the hill on I-75 (Kentucky side of the Ohio River). The view was extremely "fogged" by all the smog. Driving through the city on I-75 was an olfactory adventure ---- Slaughter houses west side of I-75 near down town, Nu-maid Margarine, Formica, Proctor & Gamble, GE, etc ...

Today, in Cincinnati the smog is gone and there's no longer an olfactory challenge. And, I'm sure St. Louis has cleaned up it's act with respect to sewer treatment as well as all the other large and small towns across the nation.
When we moved to Davenport, Ia around 1970, we were told to not eat anything caught in the Mississippi, although many did. Davenport was about northern cutoff for the river pollution. Anything south was questionable. It's supposed to be much better today, but I don't live anywhere near it so don't know for sure. Although, it's my excuse for not drinking Budweiser to this day. You just can't filter enough through those Clydesdales to make decent beer.

2010TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan TDI 6MT, 2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG (sold), 2014 Jetta Sedan TDI DSG (sold), 2015 Golf SportWagen TDI DSG