DIY: HID projector complete Retrofit Kits

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
DIY kits: 2011 Winter Specials

Mini H1 package: $280 Shipping included for Ontario within 3days of payment (email if your outside Ontario for shipping cost)
  • 2x Morimoto Mini bi-xenon projectors (Low & High Beams)
  • 2x HID ballasts (Morimoto 35w digital for H1 bulbs)
  • 2x H1 HID bulbs (3000K, 4300K, 5000K, or 6000K)
  • 2x Mini Gatling Gun Shrouds
  • 2x metallic Bi-xenon bezel emblems
  • 2x Alcohol prep pads for the HID bulbs
  • 1x Plug n Play Bi-xenon Relay Harness
  • 1x Xd Creations decal

Mini D2S package: $310 Shipping included for Ontario within 3days of payment (email if your outside Ontario for shipping cost)

• 2x D2S Morimoto Mini bi-xenon projectors (Low & High Beams)
  • 2x HID ballasts (Morimoto 35w digital for D2S bulbs)
  • 2x Morimoto D2S HID bulbs (3000K, 4300K, 5000K, or 6000K)
  • 2x Shrouds/bezels of your choice
  • 2x metallic BIXENON bezel emblems
  • 1x Plug n Play Bi-xenon Relay Harness
  • 1x Xd Creations decal

FX-R D2S package: $350 Shipping included for Ontario within 3days of payment (email if your outside Ontario for shipping cost)
  • 2x D2S FX-R bi-xenon projectors (Low & High Beams)
  • 2x HID ballasts (Morimoto 35w digital for D2S bulbs)
  • 2x Morimoto D2S HID bulbs (3000K, 4300K, 5000K, or 6000K)
  • 2x Shrouds/bezels of your choice
  • 2x metallic BIXENON bezel emblems
  • 1x Plug n Play Bi-xenon Relay Harness (Please let us know you stock bulb type when ordering)
  • 1x Xd Creations decal

Xd Creations

Xd Creations will not responsible for any Country custom tax, Customers please check with your local custom office before purchase or send us your lights. Customer must understand If the package has duty or tax in any way, you are required to cover these charges. These charges are not to be refunded.
Lights are for off road use only. PayPal Fee's are extra 3% on top of total if used. Payments must be paid in full before we will ship your items.

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
Do these have to be custom mounted or is this a full kit?
I sell a Custom mount for the FX-R that I have design that only requires you to cut a 4 1/4" hole in the reflector then if bolts direct to the projector.

As kit including the custom FX-R mounts and all the parts required is $425
What you get:
pair FX-R Bi-xenon projectors
pair of Xd Creations molded Custom FX-R threaded adapters
pair of Morimoto Ballast 35watt
Pair of Morimoto D2S bulbs (3000k, 4300k, 5000k, 6000k)
9007 Bi-xenon wiring harness

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
Any pics showing the wires and setup from inside the engine bay?
I'll have to take some pictures on my own lights tonight. The Relay harness runs to a 9007 plug on the drive's side headlight and trigger the micro controller to send the power the ballast and high beam. Each ballast have it's own 9006 plug and ground wire.

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
We also sell HID kits.......Shrouds..........most HID projectors............R8 led strips.!!!

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
I sell a Custom mount for the FX-R that I have design that only requires you to cut a 4 1/4" hole in the reflector then if bolts direct to the projector.
How much is this custom mount? Is this also the shroud that you see on the pictures below? I mean is it one in the same, the shroud acts as the mount? Or do you have two different things going here? I looked on your site but I did not see anything about it. BTW, the site is looking pretty good.

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
How much is this custom mount? Is this also the shroud that you see on the pictures below? I mean is it one in the same, the shroud acts as the mount? Or do you have two different things going here? I looked on your site but I did not see anything about it. BTW, the site is looking pretty good.
The custom mount is also a projector shroud all-in-one. If you look in the pictures below with the silver painted and this one.

Last edited:

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
Do these have to be custom mounted or is this a full kit?

If you get the DIY kit with the custom Mounts all you need to do is cut a 4.25" hole in the reflector and attache the mount with projector and paint, all the parts are included except for the adhesive.

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
Any pics showing the wires and setup from inside the engine bay?
It's too cold here right now to take picture of the wiring but. I have it all tucked away so the lights look stock. Give me a few days and I'll get some when it warms up.

@ Captain Morgan
I still finalizing this kit but I hope to have images of this kit of the website within the next week or so. I have to pick-up a 12 sets of the FX-R mounts this week.

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m

That's a sexy retrofit right there. Those look so good I think you just got yourself a customer! I'm going to pick up some of those MKV-look lights for my Golf. I'll send them up north for some retrofit action. Any way to strengthen those turn signals? Maybe a lineup of orage LED's instead of that single bulb? Just curious.

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition

That's a sexy retrofit right there. Those look so good I think you just got yourself a customer! I'm going to pick up some of those MKV-look lights for my Golf. I'll send them up north for some retrofit action. Any way to strengthen those turn signals? Maybe a lineup of orage LED's instead of that single bulb? Just curious.
Thanks,
The possibilities are ends less, leds could be into this light for sure. Send me a email when your ready. Currently we have pre-orders up until the end of March for Headlight retrofit service. Contact us anytime for more information.

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
I have a set of aftermarket HID's would it be hard to replace the projectors? Would there be a significant improvement? I'd like to look into this.

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
I have a set of aftermarket HID's would it be hard to replace the projectors? Would there be a significant improvement? I'd like to look into this.

Most aftermarket headlights are halogen base projectors that people put drop-in HID kits. Just to give you more info halogen projector are shaped different compared to HID reflector bowls. See below picture. :D

HID on the left vs Halogen Projector on the right

If you have the projector changed you will notice a big change it output and beam width because the HID projector`s have the correct shaped reflector bowls for the XENON bulbs. I have had many customers order the Moriomto Mini H1 projectors to replace the halogen projectors in their aftermarket headlights it`s very common.

It`s so common that I have STI, and mazda 3 HID projector retrofit kit with special mounting brackets to allow them to change out the stock halogen projector to the Morimoto bi-xenon H1. Hope this helps.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Why so much love for the MH1? Is it truly a superior beast? How about TL/SC430? Just too big? Just trying to get educated here.

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
Why so much love for the MH1? Is it truly a superior beast? How about TL/SC430? Just too big? Just trying to get educated here.
PRICE is really the main reason why there is so much love for these. They perform just as good with a very nice cutoff when compared to the FX-R`s in my opinion but are easier to retrofit. There for the labour cost are lower. Also the TL is $200+ a pair and the SC430 are okay in terms of output.

There are a lot of people out there that want retro fit but don’t want the price tags of a retrofit with TSX or TL projector for to reasons price of projectors and cost of labour is more to install them over the MH1.

At Xd Creations we want more people to be able to afford to have the benefit of Xenon projector retrofits so we offer a wide price range and add-on`s so more people can buy them. Most retrofitters charge $350-$550 for basic labour and the total cost are from $900-$1300.

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Will the FX-R fit inside the Golf housing? Or will it fit inside the MKV-style housing as the MH1 pictured above does? It would be nicer to go with FX-R so you could use Philips bulbs, and the nicer projector, compared with the MH1. Correct me if I'm wrong please. Still new to the HID scene.

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
Will the FX-R fit inside the Golf housing? Or will it fit inside the MKV-style housing as the MH1 pictured above does? It would be nicer to go with FX-R so you could use Philips bulbs, and the nicer projector, compared with the MH1. Correct me if I'm wrong please. Still new to the HID scene.
The FX-R will fit inside the regular mk4 golf style housing, The Mk5 style is very tight to fit the FX-R because the TDI's have a larger battery and the projector will protrude to far into the battery area. If you don't mind moving the battery to the trunk than go fit it.

I can get Philips H1 bulbs. So if that's what you prefer they just cost more. The only real difference that I can see between the two of them is that you can only run 50watt HID kits in the FX-R not the MH1, both cut off's are very nice and both have good high beam. I am finishing a N/A mk4 golf set of lights tonight I'll post pictures of the backs tomorrow. These are using the MH1 projectors.

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Blair,
What can you do for the Mk2 golf? i've got a single Polo factory HID headlight to steal the parts from but finding another is difficult!!

Great products BTW!!

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
The FX-R will fit inside the regular mk4 golf style housing, The Mk5 style is very tight to fit the FX-R because the TDI's have a larger battery and the projector will protrude to far into the battery area. If you don't mind moving the battery to the trunk than go fit it.

I can get Philips H1 bulbs. So if that's what you prefer they just cost more. The only real difference that I can see between the two of them is that you can only run 50watt HID kits in the FX-R not the MH1, both cut off's are very nice and both have good high beam. I am finishing a N/A mk4 golf set of lights tonight I'll post pictures of the backs tomorrow. These are using the MH1 projectors.
Gotcha. So do the MH1's protrude through the back of the OE or MKV style Golf lights? I'm assuming they don't? At first I wanted to go all out with quad bi xenons, or at least some giant SC460 bi xenons from Japan, but the more I learn about it, the better idea it seems to keep the projector inside and the better mounted the better off. That being said, the MH1 kit looks to be the best bet for the DIY'er, or even a professional retro company such as yours. If you were building a set for your car (imagining you have a Golf here lol), would 50w ballasts and Philips bulbs be worth it?