Votes: 1 6.7%
  • >$500k

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
What's your guess for the average payment that VW is making to the people who opted out from the class action suit, and went for their own settlement?
I'm especially interested in guesses from those people who received these settlements!
A) $0-$30k
B) $30k-$100k
C) $100k-$200k
D) $200k-300k
E) $300k-$500k
F) >$500k

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I would prefer that this forum not be complicit in violating non-disclosure agreements.

My hope is that the courts tell the people involved that there really isn't anything special about their case and therefore they get the same as everyone else is getting. Next ...

There are, of course, cases that fell through the cracks of the original settlement (e.g. imported vehicles, salvage titles, etc) and I hope they are treated fairly.

jaberoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL silver
There was a piece in the NYT today about a class action suit in North Carolina. There was some legal info but what struck me is that a lawyer representing 300 plaintiffs is asking for $720K plus legal expenses. That surely must be per plaintiff. If so, I hope they lose.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
My hope is that the courts tell the people involved that there really isn't anything special about their case and therefore they get the same as everyone else is getting. Next ...
That or even better would be to award them less than their buyback amounts due to the lack of damages :D

Of course, it's a settlement where VW is trying to limit their exposure so unfortunately they'll pay higher than they should.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
If I had to guess, I’d say the opt-out will net owners about 125-150% of what the settlement provided. I’d further speculate that the first few cases will net more than that, because they have been picked by the attorney especially to go first and to set a baseline number for the later cases to follow. I’m imagining a family with an asthmatic child or something like that.

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
Any more news on opt-out settlements?

TDITAZ1969

TDI
14' Jetta
Has anyone heard anything about the settlement conference yesterday? From my understanding the judge and VW really dug their heels in.