X-Man's turbos for sale! 2260VK, 2260VKLR, PD170, hybrids, and more

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Octavia mk2 BXE + hybrid @175bhp/400Nm
so does this set up fit a transverse mounted engine.....for example BRM 2006 Jetta?
it should however you would be better off with one welded directly onto manifold like this:

it leaves much better clearance and you won't risking the turbo hitting your fire wall...

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
4bar MAP sensors now in stock only £40 if purchased with a turbo:

Guz15

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta
it should however you would be better off with one welded directly onto manifold like this:

it leaves much better clearance and you won't risking the turbo hitting your fire wall...
Do you have any manifolds in stock for the transverse engine? I have the GTB1756vk (059 145 721 F). Does it need a manifold adapter? How much?

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Do you have any manifolds in stock for the transverse engine? I have the GTB1756vk (059 145 721 F). Does it need a manifold adapter? How much?
what car is it for exactly? what engine code? and would you be able to take a picture of the exhaust side of the turbo where it bolts onto a manifold? you may look at ebay items: 141143615326 and 141135774790 (I do have it with straight ports for regular 1.9TDIs as well) we can do some better deal off ebay please PM me to discuss details

Ty-Tdi

TDI
Leon TDI
Hi, X-man.

Currently looking at my options for my pd150 ARL Leon mk1. I have a standard turbo but running a remap/exhaust at a safe 191hp.

What I want is a driveable safe 220bhp from the easiest bolt on turbo available. Is my best bet a hybrid 1749 or a GTB1756vk as seen done on cupra.net?

Any other suggestions welcome, and what is available at the moment?

Thanks, Ty

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Hi, X-man.

Currently looking at my options for my pd150 ARL Leon mk1. I have a standard turbo but running a remap/exhaust at a safe 191hp.

What I want is a driveable safe 220bhp from the easiest bolt on turbo available. Is my best bet a hybrid 1749 or a GTB1756vk as seen done on cupra.net?

Any other suggestions welcome, and what is available at the moment?

Thanks, Ty
GTB1756vk is not a bolt on upgrade here is one fitted onto Fabia and compared with stock:

http://postimg.org/gallery/6xhwu4qo/

So as you can see you will need to weld dp flange, fit new boost pipes, oil feed, oil return and do remap. But it's good for up to 230-240bhp.

A bolt on hybrid with safe 220bhp potential would cost you even more than the GTB1756vk but if you are seriously interested I can get a quote for PD150 turbo with uprated billet comp wheel for 220bhp, personally I would go for GTB17 much better power potential, reliability and similar costs.

cheers

Last edited:

Ty-Tdi

TDI
Leon TDI
Either sound good and although the GTB17 is cheaper, add the extras needed to make it fit and the price is probably similar.

Serious interest so a price for a hybrid would be good, Can you supply things like oil lines and a 4bar map sensor for the GTB?

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Either sound good and although the GTB17 is cheaper, add the extras needed to make it fit and the price is probably similar.

Serious interest so a price for a hybrid would be good, Can you supply things like oil lines and a 4bar map sensor for the GTB?
ok so here is the GTB1756vk priced up:

GTB1756vk welded onto stock PD150 manifold £500
dp flange £20
braided oil feed £40
DIY oil return extension £15
4bar MAP sensor £40 (if purchased with a turbo)

delivery - depends on your location
paypal fee 3.9% of the total amount

Now the hybrid with billet wheel will roughly cost between £500 and £600 + delivery + paypal fee

cheers

Ty-Tdi

TDI
Leon TDI
Definitley interested in the hybrid, as 220 Im happy with and dont want the temptation to push it further like I would get from the GTB.

Whats the availability of the hybrid? Will I be ok with my standard oil lines?

Ty

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Definitley interested in the hybrid, as 220 Im happy with and dont want the temptation to push it further like I would get from the GTB.

Ty
yes with a hybrid everything will fit exactly as stock, I will contact my supplier on Monday for exact price and let you know

cheers

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
have you ever done a GTB2056vk with billet wheels and ceramic bearing?
does a GTB2056vklr exist?
don't really see a point in making such thing when you have stock water cooled GTB2060vklr from Mercedes which can also be fitted with a billet wheel if needed, the question is what's your power goal and do you really need that billet wheel which will make it definitely more expensive. What car and engine code will it be for?

thesupervisor

TDI
1.9 tdi 08 caddy maxi 6 dsg
just a curiosity atm and trying to learn more
still trying to get my 1756vk set up and working on my 1.9bls with darside tubular manifold 4bar map sensor p150 intake and 150 injectors with a dsg current goal is 200/230 hp but untill i drive it with that and its proven by a dyno not sure ill want more prob 300 would be a nice figure
am i correct in assuming the billet wheel helps spool faster?
and the main benifit from water cooled turbo is???? is it so you can run more agressive tune and not worry about egt? having said that does stock gtb2056vk have any egt issues? if run up to the 300 mark

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
just a curiosity atm and trying to learn more
still trying to get my 1756vk set up and working on my 1.9bls with darside tubular manifold 4bar map sensor p150 intake and 150 injectors with a dsg current goal is 200/230 hp but untill i drive it with that and its proven by a dyno not sure ill want more prob 300 would be a nice figure
am i correct in assuming the billet wheel helps spool faster?
and the main benifit from water cooled turbo is???? is it so you can run more agressive tune and not worry about egt? having said that does stock gtb2056vk have any egt issues? if run up to the 300 mark
Ball bearing turbo can stand more boost and offers better spool, GTB2056vk has no EGT issues but using water cooled turbo does help with high EGTs obviously it is not only the turbo suffering from it and EGT gauge is always good to have to observe how rising power affects EGT especially when you drive with WOT... Yes billet wheel should be lighter, better spooling, more efficient and more resistant to overboost however the differences aren't huge 5-10% in most cases unless the wheel has uprated size... I'm not sure if BLS is a good base for 300bhp build uprated con rods, ported head etc. may be needed

cheers

X-Man

Vendor
TDI

Ty
ok I've just received an email from my supplier, ARL hybrid good for 220-230bhp will cost £500 + delivery and paypal fee + your old turbo back

cheers

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Brand spanking NEW CR170 turbo (for upgrading CR140) in stock!
Old stock so some traces of surface rust on the cast iron exhaust manifold otherwise in excellent condition.

TIP and elbow available for extra £40

£550 + delivery + paypal fee

Only one available!

Last edited:

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
GTB1756vk housings 059145721E

GTB1756vk housings (CHRA sold) £120 each or £200 for both:

More pics here:
http://postimg.org/gallery/2sq7j1sr4/

Just to be clear these are genuine Garrett (just reconditioned - sandblasted etc.) not some Chinese copies

I do also have them available for GTB2260vk

Last edited:

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
ok only GTB2056vk left in stock ;) still few GTB1756vk and GTB2260vk left

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
ok the last GTb2056vk has just been reserved, there is one GTB2056vl (water cooled) coming in next week