TDI
A few Audi's?

193 Newman Springs Rd. E
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
(732) 268-7381
http://www.jaautowerks.com

Shop Owner & Technician:

John Andryszewski

John started his career working on diesels, while attending UTI in Phoenix, Arizona. After extensive industry training, he received a degree in Automotive, Diesel and Industrial Technology from UTI and then went on to Ford Factory Training. There, he received an Advanced Diesel Engine Performance Diagnosis Certificate from Ford Motor Company.

"German cars being a passion of mine, I applied to a few manufacturer-specific training programs. Being picked up by Audi, I spent the next few months of my life, working on diesels in the AM, learning VAG "repair logic" in the PM. 480 hours of training later, and I'm off to work under a VAG MASTER GUILD Technician as his apprentice learning the ins and outs of the trade. I spent nine months under him and three years later, I'm two classes behind that guy." -- John

John left the dealership world in October 2009. He is a Registered Expert Audi/VW Technician and ASE Certified. Now the owner of JA Autowerks LLC in Shrewsbury, New Jersey. We only use the highest quality OEM parts and warranties all parts & labor for 36 months or 36k miles.

We like to set ourselves above the industry's standards!

Minor/Major Services, Brakes, Exhaust, Suspension, Timing Belts, Clutches, Engine Swaps, Turbo Swaps, and Transmission service and repair. VCDS Check Engine Light, Airbag Light, ABS/ESP Light, Transmission, and MOST Bus Diagnosis.

We Specialize in VAGCOM short and long recoding and VAGCOM MODS... .

TDI Injection Pump timing, EGR rate adjustment, Torsen Value Adjustment, glow plugs replacement, injectors nozzle swaps, Lubro Moly Diesel Purge's, DSG/S-Tronic Services, Intake Cleaning, Balance Shaft Updates, Camshaft Swaps, Frostheater Installs, Panzer Plate Installs...

We have the experience, resources, and knowledge to do it all. If you need any TDI work done shoot John a call (732) 268-7381 or email john@jaautowerks.com

Check us out on FACEBOOK!

JA Autowerks LLC
193 Newman Springs Rd.
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
(732) 268-7381

Last edited:

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
I too would hope that you are doing better quality work than your average dealership. That line of rhetoric won't cut it here.

Tell us, what sort of tools do you have for timing belt changes?

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
TDICADDGUY said:
I too would hope that you are doing better quality work than your average dealership. That line of rhetoric won't cut it here.

Tell us, what sort of tools do you have for timing belt changes?
If by chance he doesn't have the right ones...he could simply look to your signature for the proper answer...:confused::D

4ringking

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
A few Audi's?
Wow, you guys are a tough crowd. I have many thousands invested in VAG Tools, but nobody told me, you guys needed an inventory of my tool box. If asking people if they want some back yard, weekend grease monkey working on their vehicle or the factory trained guy. They will usually pick the factory trained guy. If you guys ever have any questions or want to cruise by and check out the shop, feel free.

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
Welcome to the club 4ringking! I don't know why people are being so pre-judgemental.

I'm sure you will do well. Just keep in mind that there is a very low impression of factory repair quality here! ;)

Mike

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
Didn't mean to hate or be unwelcoming, we just like to know that you know how to do work on these cars properly...particularly when it comes to belt changes.

Based on the dealership stories that float around here, I'm sure there are more than a few ASE Certified and "Registered Expert" technicians who have tooefed and minioned more than their fair share of TDI engines because they cut corners and didn't do the required work.

The more qualified TDI mechanics the better, but garnering that reputation here doesn't happen overnight. Please feel free to look around the forums and get involved in some threads. Help some folks out and maybe share some stories about work you have done or the latest car you've had come in that had been previously "tooefed" by its owner or the previous mechanic.

Be careful what you say, some of the best "trusted mechanics" we have around here are (or started out as) the typical "weekend grease monkey" who only have basic hand tools, a $250 VCDS and about $300 worth of Metalnerd tools for timing belts and other TDI-type jobs. Very few of them have "factory training" either, but I would trust my car to them...unlike many "factory trained" techs at the VW dealerships.

Again, welcome to Fred's. I hope to see you become an active and involved member of this site.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
4ringking said:
Wow, you guys are a tough crowd.
How you perform timing belt changes is considered a proxy for how you'll address all other problems.

The mark-and-pray method, used when the mechanic or shop doesn't have the right tools to lock the cam -- and injection pump in some models -- might work for some people. But if that's what you do, then we don't think you're a serious mechanic interested in doing the job right. When individual owners can rent or even buy the correct tools to do the job themselves, then someone who plans to work on other people's cars really ought to invest in them.

So asking the question is like the initial part of the job interview. If we get the right answer(s), then you win a try-out.

4ringking

TDI
A few Audi's?
I only use the highest quality OEM parts and back my work for 12 months or 12K miles.
hmmm????? If I am going to back my work, do you think I would use un-professional methods? I take pride in my work, in my business, and when I work on your vehicle.

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
Please enlighten us. All of your posts here on the forums are shameless self-promotion. We've seen those types here before.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Ringking, aka John Andryszewski, has registered as a vendor, it is up to the customers to report back.

He seems to have decent credentials:
Universal Technical Institute
Emphasis: Auto, Diesel, Industrial Technology
Certifications: Audi Factory Registered Expert Technician, ASE Certified in Engine Repair, Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical and Electronic Systems, Heating and Air Conditioning, EPA Certified Section Section 609, MOOG Certified
Experience: Audi Register Expert Technician, ASE Certified, 10 yrs. exp.

If his work is not good, then he's wasted a lot of time in the wrong business.

4ringking

TDI
A few Audi's?
I am just a squirrel trying to get a nut. I am going to be as active on this site as my time lets me. If you ever have any questions or are in a jam, shoot me a call and I will be glad to help you out. (732) 268-7381

Last edited:

98NYFINESTVETTE

TDI
2000 GOLF GLS TDI Automatic
I would like to thank you for the very quick response to my question. I thank you for your time and advise.

Good luck on the forum, I for one can say that you can be trusted and not place you in the same category as a dealer.

Thanks again,
Rob

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
4ringking said:
I am just a squirrel trying to get a nut. I am going to be as active on this site as my time lets me. If you ever have any questions or are in a jam, shoot me a call and I will be glad to help you out. (732) 691-2335
Good luck.............It is a shame so many have been so inhospitiable.

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
John, welcome and good luck. I do all my own work but if I'm ever in over my head I'll look you up. John

4ringking

TDI
A few Audi's?
Thanks, if you ever need anything, shoot me a call (732) 268-7381. The shop is right off GSP Exit 109....

Last edited:

ricardotdi

TDI
06 jetta
it is up to the customers to report back.

I just used JA Autowerks to service my 2006.5 TDI w/ DSG. Here's my report:

Summary: excellent work, excellent results, everything done just right, very fair price for parts and labor.

I will use John again for the upcoming timing belt service.

I recommend him to all others for TDI work.

Now the details: My car has about 73,500 miles. Never been to a dealer because I don't trust them. Did all oil/filter changes myself. Skipped the 40K DSG and brake fluid flush for no good reason other than I did not have anyone to go to for the work, (until now) and did not want to do it myself to learn the hard way. A VW service manager 2 years ago told me the DSG doesn't need any service "sealed for life." I swear I had him look up the DSG service interval on his CDrom set, and low and behold, there it was! I taught him something that day, and I learned I would not be his first DSG customer. But I digress.

I booked my appointment with John, he asked me to arrive at his shop around 4:30-5PM. He works 9-5 for an auto repair shop in Allenwood, NJ, then he rents the space from his boss and works after hours on TDIs and other makes as well. Once the daytime mechanics/techs leave, John had the run of the place. He welcomes you to watch him work and install the parts. Just try doing that at your local stealership. They don't want you to see them as they pour Exxon 10W30 into your TDI. John knows how anal TDI owners can be and he will accomodate you, just don't get in the way as he does his work. John is a really nice guy. Control your urge to tell John how to fix cars, because John knows his job.

John used Pentosynth DSG fluid, oem quality DSG filter, Castrol DOT 4 brake fluid, Jurid brake pads (made by Honeywell I later learned).

I mentioned to John that I had a clunking sound from the rear end as I went over bumps. With the car on the lift he gently felt around the bushings with a breaker bar and found one of them had loosened just a little. He gave a tug on a huge wrench, tightened it up. Clunking noise is now gone!!!

John changed my worn rear brake pads, brake fluid changed, and did the overdue DSG service. It took 5 hours to complete the work, which may be a little longer than others could do. Be patient. John works carefully and methodically, he will keep at it till he gets things to fit just right. If you go there, be prepared to discuss in detail with John as he works regarding TDI facts, Porsche quirks, Audi virtues, and all other things automotive about all other brands. You will enjoy watching your car fixed right.

Anyway, all is now working right with my car, what else matters?

Rich Mausner

4ringking

TDI
A few Audi's?
We do have openings for appointments this June... Stop putting off that T-belt service and call John today.

John Andryszewski at (732) 268-7381

Last edited:

TDINJ

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer own one.
Nice to know we have someone here in Central NJ. I live nearby, and will be due for a TB service this fall. I'll definately look John up! May have some other things to get fixed as well before then.
This is great news!

4ringking

TDI
A few Audi's?
DSG Service Anyone???

Keep your DSG shifting at it's best!!!! DSG Service while you wait. Call for details.... John (732) 268-7381

Last edited:

georgenhofer

TDI
2002 Golf MK4, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Good Guy

I have to throw my two cents in here. John seems like a competent mechanic. I called to ask some general questions about my current issue, and even though I told him I probably wouldn't bring it in this time (he's about two hours away), he spent about fifteen minutes of his time (free of charge) giving me a list of things to check. I am going to do what he suggested, and if it doesnt work, I am bringing the car to him. If I have to bring it in, I will report back with my experience, but so far, he is courteous, professional, and really seems to know TDI's. :)

njphil

TDI
2006 Jetta Pkg1
I've been using John for slightly more than a few months now and I'm very happy with his level of competancy and skill. Shop is located slightly over 1.25 hours from me but never mind the trip. I watch him work, ask questions, become more knowledgeable about things and in the end I know I've gotten a fair deal and the job is done right and never rushed.

To date I've had the following services performed:
* DSG service
** Replaced DMF (no issues at all after 15k+ miles)
***100k mile service, 80k service
****Rear brakes and rotors (got in on his brake special this month)
*****Replacement of small cooling fan
Im sure I left out other small items

Going back soon for:
* Front brakes (original set @ 108k+ miles)
** Climatic problem where only working on highest speed (4)
*** Due for another oil change soon ...

John thanks as always for your professionalism and willingness to educate and diagnose even over the phone.

See you soon

Last edited: