2010 Jetta TDI, Tint.

corvettecrazy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI manual
So I've owned my 2010 Jetta TDI for 3 weeks and some change and am loving it so far. Today I sprung for tint which I have always wanted but never had a car I liked enough to spend the money. Until now obviously.

First day home.

Windows Tinted.

Before

After

Tint is 35% as that is the legal limit in MA. :rolleyes:

From theses pictures I have concluded that the car definitely needs wheels and a few other cosmetic changes.

I also got some scrap tint so I can tint the radio screen which goes no where near dim enough for my tastes.

Rgarza06

Veteran Member
TDI
11' Jetta TDI
looks good :) glad i live in texas tho 5% all around in the works when i get mine :cool:

Last edited:

corvettecrazy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI manual
Thanks guys.

I have since done the blind spot mirrors and R-Line fog grills in prep for when I get fog lights.

Also have picked some stuff up to do custom headlights and tail lights.

Before the R-Lines.

Boston skyline in the background

Rgarza06

Veteran Member
TDI
11' Jetta TDI
thats a sexy car :cool: i cant wait to get a 2011

edit: u should also tint the front window it would give it a more stealthy look imo i love how the eyebrow tint looks i got it on my truck a full 7 or 8 inches :cool:

GigglesTDI

TDI
'10 Jetta TDI
looks really nice... I have the same car but in white gold mettalic and i'm thinking about tinting it but i don't want to get it too dark

corvettecrazy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI manual
I guess it has been a while since I have visited this thread. Thanks for all the compliments!!

acollins24: The tint is just standard tint. It probably looks blue from the reflection of the sky on the windows.

I think the tint is about perfect. It looks dark because the interior is also black, but when looking out it is really nice. I would have liked to be near 30% on the tint but I wanted to stay closer to the law.

A few updates:

Picture from May

Another May picture

Weekend vaca, seemed like a cool picture spot. Ocean is at the end of the street.

What the front looks like currently. As compared to the other pictures in this thread, EZpass was painted black, grill covered in 3M matte black vynal, and still trying to decide what I want to do with the fog grills.

Jarrod B

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
the car looks great!

im wanting to black mine out. how did you get that bumper part black since i dont want the chrome? you said covered in 3M matte black vynal but where do you get that done or can it be painted?

corvettecrazy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI manual
the car looks great!

im wanting to black mine out. how did you get that bumper part black since i dont want the chrome? you said covered in 3M matte black vynal but where do you get that done or can it be painted?
Thanks!

I bought the vynal at stickerCity (Here http://tinyurl.com/28dxbjz) I did it all myself. With some TV watching and beer drinking it took me 3-4 hours from tools out to tools put away. It wasn't hard it just took time. I see no reason why you couldn't paint it if you wanted to. I figured the vynal would be a good way to go because if I ever wanted to go back to chrome I could.

Grill in pieces:

Completed:

bustNfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold: 13 Passat SEL TDI
Nicely done. I like the direction you're going with your Jetta. Nice wheels! They fill up the fender wells nicely and aren't so wide they stick out. The tint looks great! I've been procrastinating..need to get mine done. Grille blackout looks nice and will be sweet when you get the fogs in.

I have the LED tail lights but haven't installed them yet. Not sure if I want to keep the ones I have that are quite red v/s the 'cherry red' ones that are closer to the dark red of my stock tail lights. Can't install them until I get the VAG-COM which is coming soon.

The first mods I did were to replace the small '194' type 'city light' bulbs in the headlight housings with amber bulbs, put in a Euro headlight switch so I can have parking lights (I prefer full control of my headlights and plan on installing driving lights later as well). Also with the help of a local VW owner with a VAG-COM, I disabled the DRLs, seat belt chime, and can open and close my windows & sunroof with the key FOB.

Great looking Jetta you have there. I love the contrast of the white with the tinted windows. Sweet!

ezwakeboarder

TDI
2006 Jetta
I love the matte black grill. I have a question about your pic with the grill in pieces. I found a matte black grill pretty cheap online but it does not have the solid bumper cover part. The part that is still chrome in your grill pieces picture. Do you know what that piece is called? I need a new one as my chrome one has the holes from a front license plate so painting it matte black is out of the question.

corvettecrazy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI manual
Thanks!!

ezwakeboarder, I don't think I have ever seen the center piece sold separately. You could pick up a used grill without holes on vortex and then sell your grill with holes.

corvettecrazy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI manual
The winter look!

Note: I'm not related to the owner of the house. (But I did have permission to be there)

corvettecrazy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI manual
Your Jetta looks great! Whats next?
Thanks! I'm not sure. I have a bunch of LED stuff I have been thinking about doing, along with a HID projector retrofit.

Also thinking about getting rid of the DPF and going to a stage 2 tune. Not sure I want to drop the coin on that though.

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Honda Odyssey EX-L
looks great. been thinking about blacking out the grill on mine too. Nice wheel choice. what brand?

corvettecrazy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI manual
nice car ! slap some coils on her and it will be pretty sexy love the color of the car:cool:

Thanks! I've thought about coils/coilovers quite a few times. I would probably do performance related things before I ever got around to doing ride height stuff.

wofman

TDI
2010 Jetta 6 spd manual
Thanks! I've thought about coils/coilovers quite a few times. I would probably do performance related things before I ever got around to doing ride height stuff.
I think we have twins, but it looks like mine is a bit higher? I am thinking similarly -- a little performance first along with some simple cosmetics before thinking about lowering (I think I made my Audi A6 2.7t too harsh with Eibachs/Bilstein yellows/18s). If I could lower slightly and stay with stock shocks I might reconsider, though.

Plans are to add black splash guards & black wing, some tint; Revo and sway bar. 17s in spring.

Bone stock right now:

corvettecrazy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI manual
Nice! I made it about 2 weeks before i took my car in for tint and not too long after that, I swapped fog light grills. White looks SOOO much better with tint.

BoiseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Golf - SOLD
I like your blacked out grill, looks way better than the stock chrome. I'm thinking about doing something similiar but with the spray rubber stuff.

emerscape

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Lux
Corvettecrazy - have you had any issues with inspections? I want to get my wagen tinted but can't decide between 20% and 35%. I've been told that even with 35% you run the risk of being illegal because of the tint in the glass.

corvettecrazy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI manual
I have not had any issues with inspections. Although if you went to a shop that was really strict, I guess it is possible.