A Proper Allroad 3 liter Conversion

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
And so it begins...

A customer dropped off this while ago:

and This:

While I waited for this to arrive, liberated from a 2006 A8 tdi with 65,256 miles.

The final pieces of the puzzle was this, it was extremely difficult to find:

A few days ago, the autotragic's hold was released from the engine.

New Shoes for the beast..

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
The gearbox is going to be a severely modified 2.5 liter unit with dual range option, in addition to fully updated Arnott suspension pieces. The customer is also interested in getting 350hp/500tq out of the engine.. Not a problem I reply!

Stay tuned more to come.

NoJoke

Veteran Member
Subscribed!!! Great news about the V8; looking good! That allroad is going to turn out nice.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Thanks for posting this up!

Is it a 2.5, 2.7, or 3L V6?

If that's all the cash you require for a swap, I'll bring mine down for you to work on :D

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
Thanks for posting this up!

Is it a 2.5, 2.7, or 3L V6?

If that's all the cash you require for a swap, I'll bring mine down for you to work on :D
The engine is an ASB code 3.0 liter pre dpf. It's got the KKK turbo which I need to see if a 2260 with upgraded wheel can be controlled by the engine computer.

No the cost will be substantially more than the cash pictures :(.

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
The engine is an ASB code 3.0 liter pre dpf. It's got the KKK turbo which I need to see if a 2260 with upgraded wheel can be controlled by the engine computer.

No the cost will be substantially more than the cash pictures :(.
Ooooooh, now this is a cool project! One of Ryan's 2265vk's would be perfect for this monster :)

Nutsnbolts

TDI
2000 Jetta, Silver Arrow
Very interesting friction disc- almost looks like it's one-sided?

Ceramic?

Subscribed!

-Rich

Ifixit

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 Passat GLX TDI Wagon & 99 Golf & 05 Passat 4motion Manual & 04 Audi A4 Avant
Awesome!!
Your so lucky, Ive had dreams of doing an Allroad TDi conversion
Il be watching

Last edited:

blind

Veteran Member
TDI
MK3 Golf
How well will the dual mass fw and sprung clutch do together?

jjordan11

Veteran Member
TDI
1988 Audi 80 quattro PD130, 1982 Westfalia TDI
Those wheels look sweet. What's the time frame you are looking at to getting this finished up (not that I have a leg to stand on when it comes to project time frames :) ).

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
Those wheels look sweet. What's the time frame you are looking at to getting this finished up (not that I have a leg to stand on when it comes to project time frames :) ).
Complete, or at least driving under it's own power by April. I've got an S8 which is the bane of my existence on my lift, as soon as that beast is done It's balls to the wall on the Allroad.

k_harley

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
Dude, those pictures look like they are from the set of a snuff video

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
Wow people are watching this thread.

My youngest was injured in an accident at the end of Jan, and that has taken up about 3 months of time/energy/resources but she's 100% now and I'm getting back to some long awaited projects.

Add that and I'm down two people from last year.

I got a critical part in last week with my container shipment.

The later 180 hp V6 tdi's used a rather large front mount intercooler from the factory.. I hope to improve upon it but needed to know the overall dims and how it mounts.

Last edited:

NoJoke

Veteran Member
Wow sorry to hear that and glad she's better now. Happy to hear you're back in the game and hope you received delivery of the BVN V8!

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
nice that you got an engine with the KKK turbo, its PWM controlled so you could in theory just convert it to a vacuum turbo if necessary.. turbo we are building for fabian engine would be perfect.. its a hybrid S200v, original core comes from a John deere.. according to the compresoor map it should flow the quoted 350hp withut effort, and still be very good at low rpm.. if you want to stay with a near pnp optien the 2260vzk would be the best bet.. slightly bigger housing than the normal 2260 and different design compressorwheel.. altough 350hp will be quite a stretch with this unit

or a he341ve

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
nice that you got an engine with the KKK turbo, its PWM controlled so you could in theory just convert it to a vacuum turbo if necessary.. turbo we are building for fabian engine would be perfect.. its a hybrid S200v, original core comes from a John deere.. according to the compresoor map it should flow the quoted 350hp withut effort, and still be very good at low rpm.. if you want to stay with a near pnp optien the 2260vzk would be the best bet.. slightly bigger housing than the normal 2260 and different design compressorwheel.. altough 350hp will be quite a stretch with this unit

or a he341ve
The customer has been asking about more power... Is this turbo something you can supply?

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
Got to removing the offending power plant...

The hold up now is receiving another Allroad with the proper options from Europe...

Last edited: