go back to step 8, or just sign the offer.

Derek_88

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6spd
I’ve received my buy back offer a year ago. i’d now like to update the offer (30,000 more kms on the car). I called the number and they said they can put me back to step 8, or i could just sign the offer and contact the dealer, and they will adjust the offer accordingly. Do you think there would be a different if i did one over the other? I’m still looking for a new car to replace the TDI, so not exactly sure when i’ll trigger the buyback, but i’ll need to do something fairly soon.
Thanks for any thoughts.

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
I think it depends on whether you like things simple, or complicated - the milage adjustment will be exactly the same, but if you ask for the reset you can get some more exercise for your fax machine, maybe find another notary public, etc.... ;-)

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Original poster is in Canada. There is a process that you are supposed to go through within a certain time of your planned buyback date, which updates the amount that you are supposed to get, and then you are only allowed a set amount of mileage after that until your actual buyback date. Sign the offer and contact the dealer; they'll straighten it out for you.