Platteville,WI April 2012 Dyno Day

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
well i did a # on my car today and needless to say depending on how quick i can find the parts my car is out of commission. it wouldn't be as bad if i didn't travel for work i'll have limited time to wrench. hoping to have it back on the road for this t minus 2 weeks to git er fixed.
WHat happened to it? :confused:

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
well i did a # on my car today and needless to say depending on how quick i can find the parts my car is out of commission. it wouldn't be as bad if i didn't travel for work i'll have limited time to wrench. hoping to have it back on the road for this t minus 2 weeks to git er fixed.
Oh, no! What # was that? :(

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Uh oh that can't be good. Get those problems sorted out and make the trip, since I'm hoping to check out your car.:cool:

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
just got back from the shop i ended up breaking the main oem motor mount sheared the front bracket mount off the front of the motor and the 2 bolts in the back of the motor one sheared off an ear on the block the other snapped off in the block....basically a domino effect had to grab my buddy's cummins and tow it back today. i've got it up on the lift and took an initial look at it time to start ordering parts. check out the performance section putting up some picks to show people what happens when you procrastinate on not updating the oem mount been planning on changing it for awhile and it finally bit me.

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
it was one of those weekends i was getting vagcom hooked up was planning on pulling the injectors and then this happens....

but friday i just put some money down on a duramax so if the jetta isn't road worthy i should still be able to get to the dyno.

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
not looking good here a BFI motor mount is on back order could be weeks ordered up a bunch of parts today. pulled the injectors those are heading off to dbw. i have a feeling there is more i'm going to find as i tear into it but there is not much to do til i can get this mount back in the motor is basically hanging by the side motor bracket that is wedged between the frame and motor....not good.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
I'm contemplating going. If there were a couple people who wanted to get tuned (Malone Tuning), I'd definitely make the trip.

Let me know.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, so I have some really bad news. The dyno day has to be cancelled. Here is the message I got.

I have bad news. Due to some thefts on campus (about $15000-20000 worth of equipment) and to a few people miss treating the shop, rules have been changed in the entire shop area. No one is allowed to use personal vehicles in the shop anymore. I just found out that we cannot hold the Dyno Day on the 21st anymore because of the new rules. Sorry to give you this bad news, I was looking forward to helping with this event this year and seeing everyone come down.

Obviously I had no idea stuff like this was happening and feel horrible that the dyno day has to be cancelled due to others disregard for campus property.:mad:

If there is enough interest I can try and set the dyno day at a different location. Here are the two sites I was thinking to contact to see if they were interested.
http://www.beyondredline.com/?x=about_us
http://www.latemodelthrottle.com/index.html

Again I feel awful about this and I'm really sorry this isn't going to work out.:eek:

Let me know about the other dyno locations.

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
:( That is bad news! I still want to thank you for all you have done to put these together. We need a new plan.

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Bummer - I hate it when a few selfish others mess things up for everyone else :(. Particularly as this was a fund raiser for the Clean Snowmobile Challenge - they're the ones who will really get shorted in this deal.

I also would support re-scheduling/re-locating this annual event. There is a place in West Bend, WI as well (West Bend Dyno maybe?). I don't know anything about them other than they exist.

Platteville was semi-central for a lot of people in the WI/MN/IL/IA area - Milwaukee/Green Bay not so much for the MN/IA crowd.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah it truly is unfortunate when a few people manage to ruin it for the rest of us.

I really enjoyed putting the dyno days on and hopefully we can locate a new place to hold the dyno day.

If you guys have any suggestions on shops/facilities to host the dyno day let me know and I'll see if they are up for it.

It would be great to keep with tradition and still have a spring dyno day.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
It looks like Western Technical College in LaCrosse might have a dyno, I am going to call them tomorrow. Hope springs eternal. I liked Platteville but I guess we have to move on.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
FUB, not sure what happened, was running like a champ, exhaust clamps sucked went in to replace them, took off TIP, found that.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
It looks like Western Technical College in LaCrosse might have a dyno, I am going to call them tomorrow. Hope springs eternal. I liked Platteville but I guess we have to move on.
It would be awesome if you could check on that:cool:

Bummer - I hate it when a few selfish others mess things up for everyone else :(. Particularly as this was a fund raiser for the Clean Snowmobile Challenge - they're the ones who will really get shorted in this deal.

I also would support re-scheduling/re-locating this annual event. There is a place in West Bend, WI as well (West Bend Dyno maybe?). I don't know anything about them other than they exist.

Platteville was semi-central for a lot of people in the WI/MN/IL/IA area - Milwaukee/Green Bay not so much for the MN/IA crowd.

Here is the link to the West Bend dyno http://www.westbenddyno.com/

Otherwise what about Madison? http://www.dynotuned.com/Dyno

I believe a few of my friends know the owner of Dynotuned, so that might help. I'll check and see if my memory serves me right and can possible help us out.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Dynotune huh?

That D-bag is in PRISON last I heard for defrauding his grandmother and others.

They defrauded my building owner of a years rent.

SCUM, THEIVES, LIARS.... Wrecked and stolen more car parts and cars than anyone I have ever met.

The amount of people coming over to TRY and get their cars they held hostage was EPIC.

Loser, alcoholic, liar, theif. That just starts the list and I don't say that about any shop......

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Dynotune huh?

That D-bag is in PRISON last I heard for defrauding his grandmother and others.

They defrauded my building owner of a years rent.

SCUM, THEIVES, LIARS.... Wrecked and stolen more car parts and cars than anyone I have ever met.

The amount of people coming over to TRY and get their cars they held hostage was EPIC.

Loser, alcoholic, liar, theif. That just starts the list and I don't say that about any shop......
Definitely wasn't aware of that.:confused:

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
so I take it this isn't happening?
I've gotten the passat back on the road with a VNT15, if we get something scheduled, I'd be curious to see what it is capable of.

Jon

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
The biggest hurdle right now is figuring out a new location. If there is a site that has a dyno and we could set it up for the 28th or 5th of May I'm still in.