I'm BACK!!

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
What is this guy talking about? Well I have owned two mkIV Jetta TDI's and I recently purchased a 2003 gasoline V6 Passat for use as my company car. It is clean, runs great, I lowered it a little bit with new struts and springs, etc. It looks good but I can't stand the fuel mileage because my commute is one hour each way to and from work. Before I get too far here is my gasoline V6 Passat:

So I started looking for another TDI and found this little gem about an hour away from me. Yes it's an automatic and a little rough right now but I am going to replace the headlights and do a thorough clean on the girl to get it looking better. Car has 220k miles on it, runs great, starts great, shifts normal (shocking, I know), etc.
But I am posting to let you guys know that the diesel lifestyle is hard to get away from. I left for a short while but now I'm super happy to be back! 22 mpg sucks when you're used to 45+ mpg. And I miss grabbing that green diesel pump at the fuel stations, haha. :D

Here is a picture of the car I took today when I got back to the shop before I had to switch cars and drive the Passat home until I get Tax/Title/Tag done on the Jetta:

PS: Yes I already ordered new headlights. Also I know you guys are curious - I paid $1,600 for the car with a clean title and rust free.

Last edited:

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Thanks guys. Sorry to not have mentioned it but the Jetta Wagon TDI is a 2003. I'm leaving in a few minutes to do tax/tag/title on it and then bring it home for a MAJOR cleaning session.

bigkahuna360

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI, 2011 BMW 335d Stage 2
You make me remember the days when I first switched from a 2003 GMC Envoy to my 2002 Jetta TDI. I practically cried when my first tank was 385 miles, then the next was 450 miles, then I got it up to 500 on the third tank. I manual swapped it a year later due to torque converter failing, then the joy returned once again.

Manual swap that thing!

irvingj

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon TDI (PD/BEW)
I really miss that, too, on anything other than my Jetta -- REALLY hate having to stop for fuel every 300 miles or so! My '05 BEW will push 800 on a tankful.