View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2017, 17:59   #18683
Jeffbucc
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: AVG 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon View Post
Nice looking car. Jetta Wagons are the best TDIs. I'll be interested in how you like the solid subframe mounts (I'm reluctant to call them bushings since I don't see any rubber). Hope you don't feel too much engine vibration.
Man, getting the subframe aligned with the steering rack was a pain!

Finally took it for a drive after getting it all buttoned up, and surprisingly there was no noticeable increase in NVH. In fact is seemed more solid and planted, especially at initial corner turn in. My alignment seems to have improved as well as there is zero shimmy/shake/vibration from the steering wheel now.

Shifts are smoother as well. I can't figure out how there isn't more NVH, maybe due to the subframe having a solid connection to the rest of the chassis with no way to have deflection.

All in all I say it was well worth the money! Tyrolsport makes good products. Their bushings always make a noticeable difference in how the car responds to the driver/road.

What it is about the MK4 chassis that causes it to have such a numb steering feedback? It feels completely numb in comparison to the Sportwagen. Really need to find a way to change that, as the "connection", or feedback from the car is the most important part of the driving experience for me.
Malone Stage 2/Rawtek Downpipe&Midpipe/Banks 3" exhaust/S3 Intercooler/H&R Rear Swaybar/Neuspeed endlinks/Golf R steering wheel/GTD shifter/GTD E-Brake/GTD grille/Smoked Side markers/Stainless steel ECS brake lines/Tyrolsport Caliper stiffening kit/Highline CECM/OEM Xenon Lights/OEM Fog Lights/
Jeffbucc is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06897 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.71 Kb. compressed to 15.10 Kb. by saving 1.61 Kb. (9.66%)]