Kerma Tune/ Polar FIS display

crustodd

TDI
Buying an '09-'12 JSW
Hello all,
So, I decided to go with the Kerma ECU/DSG tunes on my JSW. I felt keeping all of the emissions junk in place might be better off for now. I elected to get the Polar FIS display unit included. What would be the most desireable functions to have the display screens show? ALL INFO APPRECIATED!!! This is a daily driver/200 miles a day. Tune purchased for MPG improvements. Polar for monitoring functions for longevity.

Thanks,
T~

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Subscribed to this. I def would like to know also abt Polar FIS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
boost and EGT would be ideal. Boost to make sure things are operating properly, EGT to keep an eye on regens and general temps during aggressive driving.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
For EGT/Boost alone.... I have P3 gauge. Been happy with it for years.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I also have the P3Cars gauge and it's all I need. The Polar has all kinds of other data that can be displayed, but for me monitoring EGT for information about regen activity and being able to quickly see and clear codes is all I think I need. At first I watched boost to see what was going on, but it's always the same thing and not really very informative about the operation of the car. I think monitoring EGT is essential for owning one of these cars. It's also easy to install and doesn't cause any issues. To me, the Polar seems to be a bit over the top.

I think VAG-COM is another essential tool for getting detailed information about the car and also for tweaking some of the settings to your preferences, e.g., for me that's no auto lock, windows up and down with remote, no honk with locking the doors, no seatbelt chime or light, fogs on without headlights, and no DRLs. It also helped with settings when I got LED taillights and to lower the pressure for my TPMS system because I like my tires on the softer side.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Ohhh ksing44, I need the link for no DRL’s and etc. I have VCDS myself. Just got an 2014 JSW with 27k 2 months ago out of an 2011 JSW with nearly 300k miles.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Ksing44, you rock! Many thanks

Dirty

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
I have the Kerma tune and the polar FIS. I am very happy with both. The data I display are mostly related to emissions functions. DPF status, Miles since last regen, EGT, DPF temps, Soot load etc.

ItsPhilD

TDI
2013 Golf 2dr DSG w/Tech Pkg, Nav, & Sunroof
Ohhh ksing44, I need the link for no DRL’s and etc. I have VCDS myself. Just got an 2014 JSW with 27k 2 months ago out of an 2011 JSW with nearly 300k miles.

I use Carista to change things like locks, DRL, etc. Works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
Don’t forget the most important one of all - speed. The Polar FIS provides a very accurate digital speedometer which will tell you that the cluster reads exactly 6 km/hr high at 100 km/ hr. No more guessing!

I run 7 screens, more than I need. Mostly I use 1) speed, miles since regen, no of regens requested, soot load, 2)speed, egt, DPF in, DPF out, 3) speed, atmos press, requested boost, actual boost, 4)speed, coolant temp, oil temp, fuel temp. Only oil temp doesn’t work LOL. Something about not having a sensor.

I’m having some fun now post fix sorting out the boost which seems to have changed, or maybe it is the latest 5.7beta I downloaded when the fix was installed. Presently I’m running off the diagnostic feed and see about a 1psi offset requested vs actual when the engine is cold, which goes away as it warms up. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t there pre fix. I will post something when I get a bit more info.