Will 18" Detroits on the MK6 GTI fit my MK6 TDI?

mxulive

TDI
White 2011 Golf TDI DSG
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if the 18" Detroit wheels will fit my TDI, and if so, what needs to be done to get them on. I am a complete newbie when it comes to modifying cars. Do I need to take it to a shop to get the old wheels removed and the new wheels put on? Does the suspension need to be retuned and do the brakes need to be changed in any way? If I take it to a shop to get all of this done, about how much will that cost?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Super T

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
If they are the same bolt pattern they should fit. Offset might be different. The best way is to find someone willing to let you test fit. Just borrow 1 wheel and try it. If it doesnt rub anywhere then you are good to go. No you do not need bigger brakes. No you do not need to touch the suspension. If the rims have tires on them you could do it yourself in your driveway or garage. I swapped my 17's onto my 2001 Jetta in my driveway in 16 minutes using hand tools and a jack.

ArmyMP09

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Yea they fit. I have a set in my garage waiting to go onto my mk6 Jetta now. Just ensure they are from a mk6 GTI As mine were and they'll fit with no issues.

Last edited: