Audi 3.0TDI Oil issues?

tdioz

TDI
none
Hi All,

I have a 2006 BMK 3.0tdi, 70,000 miles. Owned it for 12 months and have done 2 x oil/filter changes and it's done 8,000 miles in that time. I did an oil change about 2,000 miles ago and i used the Valvoline SYN Power XL-111 which is 507.0 Audi approved. What i did notice is more noise on startup.

Anyway, 3 weeks ago i checked the oil and it is grey in colour and it appears very watery ie: it doesn't cling to your fingers like normal and the oil is very thin. I checked the oil level and it's fine, i undone the oil filter (didn't completely remove it) just enough to check the oil on it. Now i started the car and it has an oil pressure warning message on the dash.

Si i last week I did an oil change with Castrol Edge 5w30 LL 507. Engine noise quietened down and oil pressure warning went. Have not driven the car at all, let it idle for 5 minutes maximum. Checked the oil today after sitting for 1 week (noticed little puff of white smoke on startup) will video and upload after testing again.

Anyway, the oil looks liked it did before, watery and no colour, when the the car has not been driven since oil and filter change only idled for 5 minutes max.

PS: Coolant colour is fine and i can sit for 1 hour in 40c heat idling and the temp is 90 rock solid an doesn't move.

https://youtu.be/kSgp9ypYOSk

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Coolant level is good? Fuel getting into oil by leaky injector possibly?