2000 beetle tdi data sticker location

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
What kind of data??
Tire sizes, pressures, etc are back side of fuel door.
Build options/etc is a sticker under the trunk carpet (and random loose copies under/in various other places) on all Jettas that I've owned.
I believe the country of origin, date of manufacture and gross vehicle weight/etc. sticker is next to driver door jamb latch. At least, again, in my Jettas. Perhaps if no such stickers there has been body work/repairs?

Last edited:

rpm-inc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 beetle, 2015 golf s
Looking for the auto trans code. I just bought the car with a non working transmission. 137k. There is no sticker under the carpet in the trunk. I know its on the trans somewhere. Anyways, are all mk4 01m tdi autos interchangeable? I found an FDB code that was recently rebuilt.

I also know that my issues may be solenoid related. But I would rather just buy a "known" good trans than putting money into this one.

And yes, I will be ordering from ross tech soon.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
There are/were no "good" 01M auto transmissions. Sorry.
I would not consider any "rebuilt" 01M unit. Most soon fail again.
But, no, not all MklV autos would be interchangeable, although most are/would be, any TDI 4 speed 01M.
I believe some late model NB and 2004/5 Jetta/Golfs got the better 09A five speed auto box.

rpm-inc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 beetle, 2015 golf s
I realize the 01m sucks. I would prefer a manual. I have lots of other unfinished projects and no time for this one. I may be willing to gamble on this fdb trans out of an 02 jetta tdi and be into the whole car for 1k.