06 Jetta TDI P0102 MAF Issue

DirtRider031

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI
I'll check on the year. Where is fuse panel C? I know A is on the inside of driver side door and b is under the hood but where is C?

MN Mechanic

TDI
2006 Jetta
Has anyone ever solved this issue

i have tried everything in this forum and still have the code. surely someone out there has come up with what is causing this on a 2006 jetta. i have tried everything and still the light is on. the only thing i have not done is remove the valve cover and check the lobes on the cam. engine runs great though. i cant imagine not being able to tell a flat cam in drivability. help please if someone has figured this out

MN Mechanic

TDI
2006 Jetta
fuse box location

on a 2006 jetta i only know of two fuse boxes. the one inside the car and the one under the hood. now there are two versions of the one under the hood. one had 30 fuses in it and the other version has 50. so maybe that is your b or c fuse box you are looking for

wrenchman30

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 gray 2006 dark blue
remove the egr valve if your having this problem mine was carboned up and dumping the boost thru the hung open egr valve, the new valve is designed different and sensors are on both side of the manual valve so it can code when its hung open

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Possibly a boost control issue.
Caused by a vacuum leak in the turbo actuator control system, vacuum reservoir, brake booster vacuum lines or a defective vane actuator or boost vacuum control valve.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl66nCaOlI0&t=41s

Possibly a boost leak if you hear hissing.

To look for the general location of a boost leak you have to bring the turbo up on boost by slightly lugging the engine. If you are sitting in the driveway and just rev the engine very little to no boost is produced.

What you do is get a helper, put the car in first and while firmly holding the brake, feather the clutch to load the engine and have your helper listen for the general area of a hissing sound under the hood.

What that does is loads the engine causing the turbo to come up on boost while the car is not moving so you can find the general area of the boost leak if you have one.

Do not do this for more than a few seconds at a time or you could fry your clutch. Remember that you just want to lug the engine some about like you would do taking off from a steep uphill stop.

Last edited: