Disconnected battery, now can't stop alarm

Shelby789

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDI 1Z
I just got my new 109 relay the other day, when I went to install it, I opted to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery.....swapped the relay, buttoned up the fuse panel, went to connect the battery, and the alarm starts going off....I didn't know the car had an alarm!

I have no key fob, how do I re-connect the battery without setting off the alarm? I did a search, and on another forum they suggested holding the hood switch down while you connect the negative battery terminal....I did this and had no luck, as soon as I tightened the cable, honk honk honk!

Any help would be appreciated!

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Maybe if you just put the battey lead on then get in the car and put the key in the ignition and start it, I'm not sure but don't know what else to suggest.:)

Shelby789

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDI 1Z
Wow, I don't think I would have guess that.....I didn't even have to unlock the trunk, I put the key in the trunk in preparation, and when I connected the battery the horn beeped once and that was it!

Thanks guys!

teeth

TDI
1997 Passat
Pretty sure if you put the key in the door handle and unlock the doors it'll disarm.

If not, putting the key in the ignition and starting the car I believe also shuts it off.