Price increase this spring?

ssg510

TDI
none now
So I have been shopping and thinking about ording that perfect Passat TDI. Tried to get my local dealer to at least match a car I priced out this last friday essentially $750.00 off MSRP and Ill even wait for a few months to get what I want. Dealer said it was hard to give me a "price" to order because there will be an increase this sping and they dont know how much. Is this true? All I want to do is order a car with a firm price. They just want to say they will give me x amout of dollars off of msrp what ever that is this spring when it comes in. I have tried so hard to buy local but am getting no cooperation. Looks like Ill have to look elsewhere. What have you guys hearing about an increase?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
You are not that far away - I would contact Chris Farnham at Langhorne VW near Philly (member here "3193"). Many members here have gotten great deals from him. Look here:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=341028

You can fly to Philly, he will pick you up at the airport, and then you drive home. Many members here have done this.

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited:

Requiescat In Pace
Burlington, NJ {35 minutes from Phila Int"l
TDI
all the TDI's on the lot
SSG,

Chris here{3193} from VW of Langhorne in Langhorne, PA.

While I do not normally post in any threads other then the ones in the ForSale section, I thought I would chime in to clear a few things up with the inept dealers you may be dealing with.

VW of America did just in fact have a price increase that took effect for any new VW product, {excluding the Passat and New Beetle} that were invoiced to the dealer after Dec31st.

These price increases ranged from $275 to $555 on a Touareg.

Now I have not heard of any price increases for the Passat for the spring, however, rest asssured that when these things happen, the dealers are told about the change usually 3/4 to a month before it actually is implimented and then given the opportuntity to record any customer that has a SOLD order and offer them price protection against ANY price increase.

I do not know iif you would be interested in coming up to the Phila area to purchase your new Passat TDI, but it woud my pleasure to offer you a price of dealer invoice on ANY ordered Passat TDI.

We would just have to pick what model you are looking for and I would put it in writing for you.

I just in fact had allocation from VW to build 10 Passat TDI's 2 days ago that would bee very easy to change the order to your specs. This offer is for a real offer accepted by the factory, not a wish list in IS Order Bank.

Thanks for listening and please let me know if I can help you!

Chris

Last edited:

ssg510

TDI
none now
SSG,

Chris here{3193} from VW of Langhorne in Langhorne, PA.

While I do not normally post in any threads other then the ones in the ForSale section, I thought I would chime in to clear a few things up with the inept dealers you may be dealing with.

VW of America did just in fact have a price increase that took effect for any new VW product, {excluding the Passat and New Beetle} that were invoiced to the dealer after Dec31st.

These price increases ranged from $275 to $555 on a Touareg.

Now I have not heard of any price increases for the Passat for the spring, however, rest asssured that when these things happen, the dealers are told about the change usually 3/4 to a month before it actually is implimented and then given the opportuntity to record any customer that has a SOLD order and offer them price protection against ANY price increase.

I do not know iif you would be interested in coming up to the Phila area to purchase your new Passat TDI, but it woud my pleasure to offer you a price of dealer invoice on ANY ordered Passat TDI.

We would just have to pick what model you are looking for and I would put it in writing for you.

I just in fact had allocation from VW to build 10 Passat TDI's 2 days ago that would bee very easy to change the order to your specs. This offer is for a real offer accepted by the factory, not a wish list in IS Order Bank.

Thanks for listening and please let me know if I can help you!

Chris

Chris. Ill send you a pm. Last car I purchased was 7 hours away. Could not get any cooperation. Looks like you know how to sell cars.

ssg510

TDI
none now
You are not that far away - I would contact Chris Farnham at Langhorne VW near Philly (member here "3193"). Many members here have gotten great deals from him. Look here:

You can fly to Philly, he will pick you up at the airport, and then you drive home. Many members here have done this.

Have Fun!

Don
JSW, That is exactly what I think im going to do. I have been following this web site a few weeks now trying to educate myself about these cars. Ive seen many posts and references to Chris but have not even talked to him yet. From what little I have seen, it looks like he is one savy salesman. I plan on trying to make a deal on one of his incomming cars and either fly up or drive up to get the car. As a matter of fact I think I will start a thread which tracks my whole expirence with him from first contact, to purchase to pickup to drive home. Might even take a few photos along the way. Hopefully Chris will not mind the publicity. Just sent him a pm so we will see where it goes. Wish me luck.!!!!!

Requiescat In Pace
Burlington, NJ {35 minutes from Phila Int"l
TDI
all the TDI's on the lot
JSW, That is exactly what I think im going to do. I have been following this web site a few weeks now trying to educate myself about these cars. Ive seen many posts and references to Chris but have not even talked to him yet. From what little I have seen, it looks like he is one savy salesman. I plan on trying to make a deal on one of his incomming cars and either fly up or drive up to get the car. As a matter of fact I think I will start a thread which tracks my whole expirence with him from first contact, to purchase to pickup to drive home. Might even take a few photos along the way. Hopefully Chris will not mind the publicity. Just sent him a pm so we will see where it goes. Wish me luck.!!!!!
I hope to live up to expectations!

Thank you for the opportunity to EARN your business!

PM answered

Chris

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
I hope to live up to expectations!

Thank you for the opportunity to EARN your business!

PM answered

Chris
You lived up to mine! It was a pleasure purchasing mine from you in September.:D

ssorange

TDI
Passat
Good Dealer in CA?

Hi guys,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a dealership to purchase a 2012 Passat TDI in California or neighboring States? Most of the ones in my area, SFBay Area, are trying to sell them for MSRP+. Now that Truecar got their hand slapped by the government and don't have any VW dealerships around, I can't seem to get a good price.

Thanks all.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI

Have Fun!

Don
I am in the metro DC area and have bought 2TDI's from Chris I took thr train up both times and he picked me up in Trenton NJ and we drove back to the dealership and finished the deal!

camaro888

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Hi guys,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a dealership to purchase a 2012 Passat TDI in California or neighboring States? Most of the ones in my area, Central Valley AND SFBay Area, are trying to sell them for MSRP+.

Thanks!

cookeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
I just bought my TDI SEL from Roseville VW (Sacramento) for sticker price. The salesman was Jim Witters who was great to deal with. Their website is www.rosevillevw.com. Looks like they have a white TDI SE in stock now.