Gas B7 a4 to 3.0TDI conversion

fury583867

TDI
B7 a4
Hey guys Im in USA and I am interested in doing a 3.0 TDI swap. 2004-2008 3.0tdi isnt sold here in the states until the B8s. I have opportunity to import a 3.0tdi front clip (entire front of the car) to the states to do a conversion. emissions isnt an issue where i live. I have a bunch of questions like can it be done and what do i need besides the chopped front of the car? do you guys know any shops thats have dont it? , any threads on here that has dont it.

I also plan to upgraded performance 350+ hp

Please provide your two cents.

thanks

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
to my knowledge, a swap like that has never been done on something so new, so you'd be a pioneer. I'm sure someone who probably take it on as a project, but the cost would be prohibitive. It's all about dealing with the electronics - you'd have to remove most of the gasser electronics and use the diesel stuff.

in short, go for it, but it's going to be *really* expensive

fury583867

TDI
B7 a4
I plan to purchase a chopped front of the car along with the gas tank. so it shuold be a ean swap. what would be really expensive.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Legally you can't import an engine without a certificate of conformity from the manufacturer. Customs has been cracking down hard on illegal imports of engines as of late so I'd be careful.

CRSMP5

Veteran Member
TDI
idi
$100/hr labor.... id say 80hr of work + any suprises so 8k just to think
I plan to purchase a chopped front of the car along with the gas tank. so it shuold be a ean swap. what would be really expensive.

Last edited:

Lucian189

Veteran Member
TDI
3.0 TDI CR
I have a swap like this almost done..
Difference is that my car is a diesel from factory ..
All went pretty much straight forward,except the fact that i have got the engine from a Phaeton ,and a lot of parts from the engine where a no go over the a4 chasis..

ruimontinho

TDI
Passat b5.5 1.9 PD
I have a swap like this almost done..
Difference is that my car is a diesel from factory ..
All went pretty much straight forward,except the fact that i have got the engine from a Phaeton ,and a lot of parts from the engine where a no go over the a4 chasis..
Hello my friend, did you finished the swap? I want to do the same, but in this case is to swap the 3.0tdi into a passat b5.5 1.9tdi pd. Can you please contact me in private so we can talk?